IGNORED

Is This A Repro?

gamme

Looks like a hozer to me... the face is stupid, drunk, poor quality... what's not to love?

AX

I used to love Hozer games back in the day but it seems I will get in trouble if I said that now. I have a little hozer collection and I got a bag from someone on Atariage a few years ago. Bad thing about this game on Ebay is I bet it was just made and thats the bad thing about him/them now.

post-1807-125384071263_thumb.jpg

Edited by Trade-N-Games

When I started to collect home brew I purchased anything and everything. Several of those were Hozer. Aside from the lack of quality, labels looking like they were done on an inkjet, and several not working... later I was informed that several that I had were not even authorized by the programmers of the games. With all those factors, I decided to get rid of the Hozer stuff in my collection. To this day the only thing I have is the Thrust+ pack. I suppose it is entirely possible that others are making Hozer knock offs... I wondered about this because the Thrust+ is nothing like the other Hozers I've dumped out of my collection over the past year. It has a high quality label, and actually works.

AX

I am very proud to say that with over 550 unique carts now in my 2600 collection, not one of them has that stupid little head on it.

I hear that if you have a cart with that head on it in your collection moths will eat your underwear, your children will be born with tails, and your car tires will keep going flat. You will also become lactose intolerant and you will have a constant wedgie that you just can't pick. More birds will crap on your car, Chinese Food will make you get the runs, your guitar strings will break easier, it will rain more on your days off and your Xbox 360 will RROD more often than other people's. But go ahead if you want to buy a bad repro with a crappy label. Just don't say I didn't warn you. icon_razz.gif

• Like 1

Looks like a hozer to me... the face is stupid, drunk, poor quality... what's not to love?

AX

I used to love Hozer games back in the day but it seems I will get in trouble if I said that now. I have a little hozer collection and I got a bag from someone on Atariage a few years ago. Bad thing about this game on Ebay is I bet it was just made and thats the bad thing about him/them now.

Hozer is still making games. His site is justrandy.com

I guarantee that a lot of people are buying TCM, Halloween and other titles from Hozer & friends thinking that the carts that they are buying are the real thing. I have seen some of these sell for a lot of money. Now a lot of Hozer carts are being sold in large lots - often listed as originals. It is crazy how many fake games are being sold on eBay now.

I guarantee that a lot of people are buying TCM, Halloween and other titles from Hozer & friends thinking that the carts that they are buying are the real thing. I have seen some of these sell for a lot of money. Now a lot of Hozer carts are being sold in large lots - often listed as originals. It is crazy how many fake games are being sold on eBay now.

And believe me: this will happen more and more often.

Well, as long as they're marked with little ugly heads...

Perhaps it's a good idea to make a sticky in the Rarity section of this forum, containing a warning for rookie collectors about Hozer shit.

"Attention! All starting collectors: Beware of the Little Ugly Heads!"

8)

I am very proud to say that with over 550 unique carts now in my 2600 collection, not one of them has that stupid little head on it.

I hear that if you have a cart with that head on it in your collection moths will eat your underwear, your children will be born with tails, and your car tires will keep going flat. You will also become lactose intolerant and you will have a constant wedgie that you just can't pick. More birds will crap on your car, Chinese Food will make you get the runs, your guitar strings will break easier, it will rain more on your days off and your Xbox 360 will RROD more often than other people's. But go ahead if you want to buy a bad repro with a crappy label. Just don't say I didn't warn you. icon_razz.gif

I have over 350 different Atari 2600 games, and the same goes for me as well! :cool:

I would suggest to anyone that if they see an auction for a reproduction cart that doesn't state that it is, to report it. There are many awesome people in our community who have sold reproductions with quality labels and I would also suggest to support them. There is little love for someone who not only defrauds game enthusiasts knowingly and willingly and who also rips off homebrew authors. It's truly a disservice imo to everyone. :sad:

Are you kidding me? Someone is selling Hozer repos for $125? Mint Condition...Damn right it is. It was just programmed yesterday in his basement. I actually commend Randy for putting that little head on his cartridges. While it does not say repo on it, at least it does identify it in some manner.

I would suggest to anyone that if they see an auction for a reproduction cart that doesn't state that it is, to report it.

I've reported the various Hozer sellers on many occasions.

I usually also include links to prove that these are unauthorized repros.

It doesn't make any difference.

eBay doesn't care.

I have over 350 different Atari 2600 games, and the same goes for me as well! :cool:

Gotta say -- I wouldn't buy any new Hozers, but I'm pretty happy to have an original Edtris in my collection.

I would never buy any new Hozer carts directly either even if my life depended on it.

In the past, I have purchased several here on AA when I had the money at the time from friends who were in need of funds to make sure the carts would never see the open market, daylight or existence again. :twisted:

With the dog bite on top of everything my soldering days unfortunately are very very slow since i have little movement in my left hand.

*If* I ever make any reproduction carts they will have my MILF Tech logo on them with good labels and personally I would rather see a perky set then some creepy head staring at me when I go to play a game. ;)

• Like 1