IGNORED

Is This A Repro?

gamme

Forgive me if this is not the right place to post this, but I was curious.

I'm a gamer, not a collector.

What is this Hozer and why are people bad mouthing him so much? What's the full story going on here behind this?

I really don't know, I'm innocent, I always use emulators. :)

He makes cartridges of games you want him too, without asking the permission of the owner for the game software be it commercial or homebrew. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

-Disjaukifa

Forgive me if this is not the right place to post this, but I was curious.

I'm a gamer, not a collector.

What is this Hozer and why are people bad mouthing him so much? What's the full story going on here behind this?

I really don't know, I'm innocent, I always use emulators. :)

He makes cartridges of games you want him too, without asking the permission of the owner for the game software be it commercial or homebrew. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

-Disjaukifa

Yeah, that's about it... couple this with poor quality, malfunctioning, bad labels, not telling people they are "NOT ORIGINALS" when selling them on EBAY.... (worst offense) If you are going to do this, you simply CAN NOT neglect to inform people. THEN charge the same rate for every title depending on cost of hardware and work only... IE... Rarity 10 repro is worth the same as a rarity 1 repro... you can't charge $100+ (acting like it is an original) just because the original is a costly game....

AX

I would suggest to anyone that if they see an auction for a reproduction cart that doesn't state that it is, to report it.

I've reported the various Hozer sellers on many occasions.

I usually also include links to prove that these are unauthorized repros.

It doesn't make any difference.

eBay doesn't care.

Sometimes you may need go about a different way if the front door does not let you in. For instance here are 4 tactics that might be of use.

1. Instead of reporting this as a reproduction. Report it as fraud. Ebay's ears might perk up a little bit more if the info is presented in a way that makes it look like the seller is trying to rip someone off.

2. If number one does not work, than go to number two. Actually find the people who own the Copyrights to these games. If noone really owns them than find the programmer. Get them to send a cease and desist letter to Ebay. I get the feeling that Ebay does not care about repro's for Atari 2600 games is because no one has done this.

3. If you can't find the owner of the copyright, and the original programmer does not go through hastle, than if you have the game send a cease and desist letter stating that you are willing to sue Ebay because they are hurting the value of your video game by allowing reproductions.

4. If none of these actions work, than perhaps this may work. Of course I am not recommending this just a thought. Have a few people buy these repro's, than have them neg the seller once they receive the item, and file a paypal claim for fraud. Yeah, I know this would be a hastle, but it would shut down these sellers real quick.

Edited by homerwannabee

This is almost certainly my hack of the game to convert from E0 bankswitching to F6/F4. Of course, I was never asked if it was OK to make a cart of it. Technically, since this is a hack and not a homebrew, I do not own this particular ROM and don't have rights to publish it, but it does contain some of my intellectual property nonetheless and it would have been nice if I was at least asked.

EDIT: I am talking about Tooth Protectors in the previous post, not the game in the original post.

Edited by batari