IGNORED

Recommendations for international forwarding service?

Thorsten Günther

Hello!

As eBay USA has much more interesting Atari 8-bit stuff (and eBay UK much more ST games) than eBay Germany, I repeatedly purchased items from these sites - only after contacting the seller and asking whether I'd be allowed to place a bid, of course.

I do not, however, ask sellers that declare in the item description that they will not ship internationally, but for some of the items offered by these, I am looking for a forwarding service so that they can ship to a national destination regardless of me living in Germany.

As there are too many companies offering such a service to get a quick overview, I am asking here:

do you have any recommendations?

Thorsten

P.S.: I nearly always offer worldwide shipping in my auctions (except for items like used bicycles or large TV sets).

You should just find someone who lives in America (possibly someone from this site) who will accept your packages and forward them to you. Most people on ebay who won't ship internationally won't do it because of fraud. All someone international has to do to win an item not received paypal claim is to say they never got it. Most sellers will ship international first class, which does not offer tracking, which means the buyer will win the claim.

You should just find someone who lives in America (possibly someone from this site) who will accept your packages and forward them to you.

It would be great if someone would be willing to do this.

Most people on ebay who won't ship internationally won't do it because of fraud. All someone international has to do to win an item not received paypal claim is to say they never got it. Most sellers will ship international first class, which does not offer tracking, which means the buyer will win the claim.

That's why I a) only accept PayPal as a means of payment on request and do not promote it actively any longer in my own auctions and b) insist on registered air mail or other trackable means of shipping in these cases. Unregistered shipments by the respective postal services already are very reliable though - the only exception I have personally encountered so far being Italy.

Thorsten

You should just find someone who lives in America (possibly someone from this site) who will accept your packages and forward them to you.

It would be great if someone would be willing to do this.

Most people on ebay who won't ship internationally won't do it because of fraud. All someone international has to do to win an item not received paypal claim is to say they never got it. Most sellers will ship international first class, which does not offer tracking, which means the buyer will win the claim.

That's why I a) only accept PayPal as a means of payment on request and do not promote it actively any longer in my own auctions and b) insist on registered air mail or other trackable means of shipping in these cases. Unregistered shipments by the respective postal services already are very reliable though - the only exception I have personally encountered so far being Italy.

Thorsten

I realize I'm a new member of the site here, but I ship stuff overseas all the time today. I'm a active member of Amazon and EBay and have very high scores on both sites -- My username on Amazon is SoulBlazer and on EBay it's SoulBlazer99. I'd be happy to send your stuff on to you in Europe if you wish. In return I'm a coin collector and would love some Euro's. Send me a PM if you'd like more info about my selling record or to talk about this. :)