IGNORED

Tickled_Pink's Blog - An early end

RSS Bot

I was reading some of my past blog posts and noticed a post that's now rather poignant. One of the posts below details my frustrations while developing a music web site. The designer of the site was a guy called Andy Jones. Sadly, Andy passed away two weeks ago from lung, spine and glandular cancer. He was just 41.

He was a workmate (and more, despite being married) of my sister's. He had no idea he had cancer until he tweaked his back lifting a cooker. It was still painful some weeks later and so finally visited the doctor's. The diagnosis wasn't good and he certainly didn't expect it. He had cancer of the lung, spine and it had got into his glands. That's the problem with the disease, which was brought to people's attention in the UK this week after a 14 year old girl died shortly after receiving the new vaccination for the herpes virus, which causes 70% of cervical cancer cases. A post mortem revealed that she had a malignant tumour in her heart and lung and could have died at any time. She, like Andy, had no idea it was there and had no pain or symptoms from it.

I only ever spoke to Andy once but it's still sad and a strange feeling that he won't be bombarding me with emails with new ideas for his next 'mega site'.

And yes ... he was a smoker.

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?app=blog&blogid=22&showentry=6497