IGNORED

Explain this to me ...

CPUWIZ

Grr....I bid on it trying to help bump the price and end up winning the dang thing. :)

Oh well...it's another high-rating cart to go in my collection. When it's not being played, it'll sit right next to my Waterworld cart.

Isn't it funny how you can bid and bid and bid and still get outbid and other times you can bid and leave figuring you'll get outbid and you win?!? :D

Cap

Perhaps,

I just hope I like the game. :) I didn't even pay that much for my Waterworld cart. And with that, I got everything but the box. This, I didn't get the box or even a manual. But hey...I guess you can't get everything on the first try right? And I never would have gotten it if I wouldn't have just happened to see your post. Thanks man!

Cap

Wow must be an mix up.

Well they have Quadrun listed as a 10 and Music Machine as well.

Just what does a 10 mean anyway?

I always thought it meant Holy grail one of only a few, if not one of a kind. Something offered for sale once every 3-5 years.

With that description then Quadrun,Music Machine and Oblix are NOT 10s. Those 3 are offered several times a year every year.

Adam

Well rarity is just what it sounds like.

How rare it is.

How often is it seen.

If none are offered for sale anywhere for a long period of time you can deduce thats it a fairly rare game.

Do you agree that a game sold more than once every year for the last 5 years is less rare than one that has only been offered for sale once or twice in that same time period ?

Adam

I don't know about Obelix, but rarity doesn't equal high price. High demand equals high price. For instance, a KidVid player is a 10, but a used KidVid gets about $35 on EBay (this was a previous message discussion). However, Chase the Chuckwagon has an interesting history and is unique so it's gets $$ even though it isn't as rare as other carts that fetch lower prices.

@ranger - No one here has mentioned price fro determining rarity. Just the number of times over the years it has "poped up".

@Philflound - There is an NTSC version of Obelix and while it rare its not nearly as rare as the carts we know as 10s

Video Life

Eli's Ladder

or

Magicard

Adam

@ranger - No one here has mentioned price fro determining rarity. Just the number of times over the years it has "poped up".  

@Philflound - There is an NTSC version of Obelix and while it rare its not nearly as rare as the carts we know as 10s

Video Life

Eli's Ladder

or

Magicard

Adam

It's possible. We had a hard time even proving that NTSC Obelix existed for a while, so we rated it accordingly. The problem is that a lot of people think they have the NTSC version just because it doesn't have a P on the end label, which doesn't ensure anything.

I'm curious, in your opinion, what are the only US released games that should be considered 10?