IGNORED

Fender Custom Shop Limited Edition Bass VI for sale

tremoloman2006

Thanks guys... believe me I **HATE** selling this! They are so hard to come by and now I won't be able to play Cure songs properly. :(

You can always get one of these later. I was disappointed in its intonation, though.

Funny you should mention the Hellcat VI. I bought the 3TS model when it first came out. The action was nice but the electronics were scratchy and the jack had a loose wire from the factory. I kept it a few months then the Bass VI got reissued so I jumped at the chance. I'll likely get another one though to make up for the VI's departure. I love the feel since I'm primarily a guitar player and its easy to switch between the Bass/Hellcat VI and a regular guitar.

Every time I go to play my regular guitar after a real bass I wind up breaking strings in a matter of seconds. :P

Did you get the black model? That's the one I'll go for next time around.

Luckily I'll still get to keep my '62 Jazzmaster in Olympic White... just like Robert Smith's from back in the day. :)

Did you get the black model? That's the one I'll go for next time around.

That's all that was available at the time. The problem is it uses a standard tuneomatic bridge which was designed for regular guitar strings. Adjusting intonation on a bass string requires a wider range of saddle positions. So I could never get the low E to stay in tune up the neck with the other strings. For a Bass VI type instrument you really need custom hardware designed for that application. Regular guitar hardware is just insufficient. Similar problem with the tuners. You need special strings that taper properly to get around the regular guitar tuners.

I kind of liked the pickups, though, because they had coil taps. Very versatile.

There are other guitars out there like this of course, but they all probably suffer similar issues of using guitar hardware.