IGNORED

NES Pooyan Repro on CTCW $19.99 BIN

Shawn

How come you never sell Nintendo World Championship Repro's? I am sure that you would do very,very, very, very well selling these. I mean the only company even doing it today charges 80 dollars for a grey and 125 dollars for a gold repro. Why ignore the most desirable NES repro out there?

How come you never sell Nintendo World Championship Repro's? I am sure that you would do very,very, very, very well selling these. I mean the only company even doing it today charges 80 dollars for a grey and 125 dollars for a gold repro. Why ignore the most desirable NES repro out there?

Maybe I will do some in the future. I just make what I can with the carts I come across or have easy access to.

I am sure Shawn would do more if he had some donors too. Anybody wish to give him a hand? I would be one of the first in line to buy a gold one if he decided to do it too. I just don't have any donor carts. :(

• Like 1

who makes NWC repros besides retrozone? It takes a special board, that retrozone had made custom. If someone if making grey or gold repros, I'd venture to bet that they're buying retrozone repros, then doing a big mod job to get the boards to fit in standard NES cases.

who makes NWC repros besides retrozone? It takes a special board, that retrozone had made custom. If someone if making grey or gold repros, I'd venture to bet that they're buying retrozone repros, then doing a big mod job to get the boards to fit in standard NES cases.

The binary for NWC can be hacked to run on a more standard board, you just wouldn't have the options to change the timing settings for each game, which in my opinion isn't that big of a deal seeing as the difference in price. Others have done this in the past. It's pretty much just getting mapper 106 hacked to mapper 4 which is pretty much the standard for hacking nes games to work on commonly avalible boards. But yes retrozone is using a custom PCB made by bunnyboy for their NWC carts and a very, very nice design it is. Way the hell out of my league for sure.

The binary for NWC can be hacked to run on a more standard board, you just wouldn't have the options to change the timing settings for each game, which in my opinion isn't that big of a deal seeing as the difference in price. Others have done this in the past. It's pretty much just getting mapper 106 hacked to mapper 4 which is pretty much the standard for hacking nes games to work on commonly avalible boards. But yes retrozone is using a custom PCB made by bunnyboy for their NWC carts and a very, very nice design it is. Way the hell out of my league for sure.

Well, I do have a rom dump that works on my powerpak.(single time limit) I didn't make the dump myself, so not sure if the powerpak supports 106, or if it's hacked, or since bunnyboy made the powerpak, maybe it supports his custom mapper. I know some people have made some realistic looking gold and grey repros, but they were all done by buying the original none dip switch retrozone NWC, and then modifying a standard nes case, and adding non-working dip switched and a fake background of the original circuit board. I think one person may have made one with the dip switch version, but doesn't look as realistic since the switches are different.

It's quite a task, as if I remember correctly, bunnyboy, made the boards, so they wouldn't fit inside standard NES cases without modification to cut down on scammers. I owned a genuine NWC, and the board is pretty damn unique. You make be able to hack the binary, but honestly, I think you're just as good just buying the repro from retrozone.

Well, I do have a rom dump that works on my powerpak.(single time limit) I didn't make the dump myself, so not sure if the powerpak supports 106, or if it's hacked, or since bunnyboy made the powerpak, maybe it supports his custom mapper. I know some people have made some realistic looking gold and grey repros, but they were all done by buying the original none dip switch retrozone NWC, and then modifying a standard nes case, and adding non-working dip switched and a fake background of the original circuit board. I think one person may have made one with the dip switch version, but doesn't look as realistic since the switches are different.

It's quite a task, as if I remember correctly, bunnyboy, made the boards, so they wouldn't fit inside standard NES cases without modification to cut down on scammers. I owned a genuine NWC, and the board is pretty damn unique. You make be able to hack the binary, but honestly, I think you're just as good just buying the repro from retrozone.

The point is the folks that asked me about making the NWC are not looking to spend $100 bucks on a repro, they are looking to spend a third of that and if I could do it I would and will.

I don't know where they got the grey and gold repro prices. As I stated before, if they are grey or gold repros, they're probably retrozone guts, with a custom case job. I can only assume some people may be doing that type of custom service and charging $70-125.

NWC 90

The link above is for a CIB repro for $55, and I'd say that's about as cheap at that can be done. I'm sure gamereproductions.com would have made NWC repros if the mapper could be hacked. The guy who runs it, has quite a few famicom/pirate hacked mapper repros.

I don't know where they got the grey and gold repro prices. As I stated before, if they are grey or gold repros, they're probably retrozone guts, with a custom case job. I can only assume some people may be doing that type of custom service and charging $70-125.

NWC 90

The link above is for a CIB repro for $55, and I'd say that's about as cheap at that can be done. I'm sure gamereproductions.com would have made NWC repros if the mapper could be hacked. The guy who runs it, has quite a few famicom/pirate hacked mapper repros.

Well $55 really is a good price considering all the work that went into making it possible.