IGNORED

atari2600land's Blog - A Treatise on Cosmic Fire

RSS Bot

Well, that CD came in the mail today. As it turns out, the song was split into four different tracks. They had done the same thing to other long songs released on CD, and am wondering why. Is it because the record labels are afraid to have one long track? Or are they just plain stupid. If they're stupid, they're even too stupid to SAY that said song is more than one track long. You'd think it'd be information people would like to know. Now this isn't the seller's fault, and I'm not blaming him, because even though the CD is used, it came to me fast and in good shape, so I gave him 5 stars on everything and a positive feedback rating. I guess it IS only me who cares whether a song is split up into different tracks or not. But it just irritates me that the back of the case couldn't have said "Tracks 7-10: A Treatise on Cosmic Fire." It had no numbers of the tracks to begin with, but it did on the CD itself. It stopped at 7 and had no indication that there were actually 10 tracks on it. So I had to rip the songs to my computer and then piece them together using Audacity, which when you listen to it is kind of irritating because there are three way-less-than-a-second-yet-noticable gaps in the song. As for the song itself, it's cool, synthesizer music and I like it, so I am overall happy with the purchase.

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?app=blog&blogid=168&showentry=6541