IGNORED

Help-- Ebay experts

Bryan

I need some guidance on whether this is legit or if someone is trying to weasel out of a sale.

I won an item for the starting bid. I consider it a pretty good deal and I immediately pay using my PayPal Buyer Credit account. I've never had any trouble doing this as it's supposed to work like cash.

The next morning my payment is refunded and I get this message:

Thanks for the purchasing. I'm having difficults printing out your address for a label. What's is your address you would like to have the item sent to?

So, I send my address and ask why my payment was refunded. No reply. I send another message stating that I am waiting for a reply and I get this:

I was having problems about getting my money. PayPal stated that you wouldn't send the money unless you were satisfied and until you received the item. I do not do business like that.

Now I'm really confused. First he couldn't print an address label and now he says PayPal won't let him at the money. Am I being played here? What should my next step be?

-Bry

If you got refunded, at least you didn't get screwed out of some money, so that's a plus! It sounds like the seller is not a native English speaker and may be having trouble understanding the standard PayPal e-mails that are sent out.

Edited by CebusCapucinis

The new (and I use the word lightly, since it has been a while) way that eBay/Paypal is combating scammer sellers is to hold up their money even though you paid... until you leave a positive feedback. Once the item is delivered and you leave a positive or 21 days have passed and you don't complain, THEN eBay gives the noobie seller their money. This guy apparently is new, and didn't understand how it works. He wants cash or he won't send. Not your fault, but he apparently isn't going to play by the eBay rules.

AX

Here's some more info:

The seller has a (24)100% rating.

The auctions ended at 13:50:51PDT.

PayPal shows that I paid at 14:11:09PDT and he refunded at 17:49:20PDT.

I just got another message saying he got a different address from PayPal than the one I sent. Is HE being scammed by someone?

eBay gets worse by the month.

They've "upgraded" their interface here yet again, and reorganised the categories as well.

Atari has disappeared completely from the "Vintage" computers classification, but is still in "Video Games". Commodore was removed from "Video Games" a few months ago.

The latest attrocity is the sort order of the auction lists. If you're logged in, no great problem as you can set your profile with your preferences. But if you're not logged in, the Sort criteria is by "Most Relevant", whatever the hell that's supposed to mean.

They had a great interface about 6 months ago, but each month they seem to stuff around with it. The recent updates have all been annoying, the only useful thing they've added has been the live countdown timer that's active when the auction has an hour to go or less.

His last reply to me:

Thanks for your business, but no thanks. I came across people like you before with scams. Yes I reposted my item and don't you bother to bid on anything I'm selling.

EDIT: He's still taunting me, so I sent this reply:

You've been a member for a few months and I've been a member for over 10 years. Think about that. If you were seriously having some sort of problem you could have given me the benefit of the doubt and tried to work it out. As it was you blew me off and so you get a negative. I hope you deal with future customers differently.

Edited by Bryan

Sounds like a jerk, probably good that you didn't end up getting the speakers from him. Interesting how he took another picture of the speakers for the new auction. I hope he doesn't get any bids over $100.

And yeah, his reply to your negative feedback doesn't make any sense at all.

..Al

His reply to your neg won't exactly encourage future custom for him either.

Weird. I asked him what address PayPal was giving him and he wouldn't tell me. If he's not making that part up, maybe he'll find out he's been hacked.

I have noticed more than a few times that the address in Paypal does not match what the US postal service has on file. This results in a message stating that seller should contact the buyer to confirm the address and Paypal not allowing you to proceed further without a correction. Sometimes a digit is out of place or two words are strung together, silly things that any person could spot, but computers miss. Paypal won't let you print a shipping label until it is changed by the account holder. Maybe what happened here, since the seller seems to be new; might have got spooked at the first sign of trouble. Just a possibility, though if I were placing a bet, I would say the seller wanted more money.