IGNORED

2600 Test/Demo cartridges

thecapn

These are very interesting indeed, they seem to be from some kind of ROM manufacturer selection test.

OKI

NCR

AMI

etc.

Each one is made by a different manufacturer and they seem to be only days apart in labeling. I think you may have a genuine Coke Wins mask ROM on your hands. :cool:

Uh........so apparently I have a lot more of these in this box, so much for my attention to detail :)

Bowling

Hangman

Basic Programming ????

Human Cannonball

Basketball

Space combat

3-d tic tac toe

Superman

Realsports volleyball

Outlaw

Blackjack

Maze Craze

Berzerk

Chase

Video Olympics

Air Sea Battle

Pele's Soccer

These all have the top label, no front label, just stickers with gibberish and dates/manufacturer info

Most are yellow, 3 are orange, blackjack is red

My mother was a huge garage sale fan. She bought them in the early 90's from an Atari Rep's sale (or so my brother says) We played them every once and a while (Outlaw being one of my all time favorites) I'll post some more pictures, you guys seem to enjoy them :)

Thanks for all the input. I've always been a video game fanatic.

My mother was a huge garage sale fan. She bought them in the early 90's from an Atari Rep's sale (or so my brother says) We played them every once and a while (Outlaw being one of my all time favorites) I'll post some more pictures, you guys seem to enjoy them icon_smile.gif

Thanks for all the input. I've always been a video game fanatic.

Thats Awesome!

Funky stuff.

Thanks for sharing.

Pepsi Invaders (Coke Wins) is a great find.

Curious what Tempest has to say about these.

Somehow I remember seeing a picture of a similar looking yellow painted cart before.

Wasn't there some yellow painted Diagnostic Test cart out there?

Edit: found it

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/87867-2600-prototype-found-5-14-2006/page__view__findpost__p__1083492

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter

I'm guessing that the saw cut is there to mean "not for sale" or somesuch.

It would be a "cut out", just like remaindered LPs (and LDs) would have a saw cut along the side of the sleeve (where there was no disc), CDs would have a notch bitten out of the jewel case spine, and unsold books would have covers removed. (I may have seen a "cut out" DVD, but if I did, I don't remember how it was done.)

I'm guessing that the saw cut is there to mean "not for sale" or somesuch.

It would be a "cut out", just like remaindered LPs (and LDs) would have a saw cut along the side of the sleeve (where there was no disc), CDs would have a notch bitten out of the jewel case spine, and unsold books would have covers removed. (I may have seen a "cut out" DVD, but if I did, I don't remember how it was done.)

Interesting theory, I had wondered about the notch

I would guess they are final, since they are mask ROMs. Prototypes would be on EPROMs.

These aren't development prototypes, they're production prototypes. But without the matching cases you wouldn't be able to tell. There is still a chance that they could be different from the final release, though it is unlikely.

Anyone got a can of Krylon and a hacksaw lying around in their garage? I can probably dig up a few old labels. (ha ha)

I would guess they are final, since they are mask ROMs. Prototypes would be on EPROMs.

These aren't development prototypes, they're production prototypes. But without the matching cases you wouldn't be able to tell. There is still a chance that they could be different from the final release, though it is unlikely.

Anyone got a can of Krylon and a hacksaw lying around in their garage? I can probably dig up a few old labels. (ha ha)

Methinks Tempest has gone MIA...thre's been a bunch of protos found but he's not reviewed a single one lately...