IGNORED

confused....programing lynx ....c++

orkear34

where do i get all the files so i can program in c ? is there anything else i need to know? i dont know anything about programing the lynx and want to get started on learning . ((Anti-Collision Devices

In response to popular demand, hardware collision is disableable in many ways. The original method of declaring a sprite to be of type 'non-collideable'.

Set the 'don't collide' bit in the sprite collision number 'SPRCOLL'- of the SCB. Set the 'don't collide' bit in the system control byte 'SPRSYS')) this is part of a doc i found on programing the lynx. do i need to learn both c and this info? or just c++? thanks....

where do i get all the files so i can program in c ?

You can load the latest version of the C-compiler CC65 from Bastian Schick's website

http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Byte/4242/.

Alternatively you'll find a ZIP-archive (might be not up to date)

on my website:

http://home.t-online.de/home/Matthias.Domin/cc65.zip

is there anything else i need to know? i dont know anything about programing the lynx and want to get started on learning .

Yes. on Bastian's site you'll find the (almost) complete Atari development manual.

((Anti-Collision Devices  

In response to popular demand, hardware collision is disableable in many ways. The original method of declaring a sprite to be of type 'non-collideable'.

Set the 'don't collide' bit in the sprite collision number 'SPRCOLL'- of the SCB. Set the 'don't collide' bit in the system control byte 'SPRSYS'))  this is part of a doc i found on programing the lynx.

On my Lynx-page are some small demos written in C showing some

of the Lynx-capabilities.

do i need to learn both c and this info?

After you'll have understood the infos about the Lynx-hardware

you can use whatever programming language you want (and which is available). But knowing 6502 assembler will help you a lot.

or just c++? thanks....

Who has told you that there would be a C++ compiler?

Regards

Matthias