IGNORED

This seller can't even sell 10 common boxed games for $15 shipped?

homerwannabee

This auction is troubling to me. Why is that? Because I think that common boxed games have gotten so low that it may actually cost more to ship the games than the price received. I mean, this seller has 10 boxed games he was trying to sell for $15.00. That comes to about $1.50 per boxed game, and this is during the Christmas season! Here is the problem. It cost a lot more to ship a boxed game than it does to ship common loose games. If the seller goes any lower he loses money. If you do the math the seller is basically giving these games away for free. If he were to lower it any lower I would suspect he/she would lose money. I never thought I would see the day where a person would not be able to sell 10 boxed games for $15, but that day has come. I am really starting to worry about the hobby on the lower level. If sellers can't even get this price than a lot of the more common boxed games will eventually be put into the trash can. :sad:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ATARI-2600-10-GAMES-BOXED-ALMOST-ALL-HAVE-MANUALS_W0QQitemZ130341173790QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item1e58f07a1e

I agree homerwannabe - disturbing stuff for sure. I've literally had to give away some Atari things lately myself. People have and continue to throw these things away and they've been doing it for years (hence my screen name). You should have seen what they were doing in the late 80's and early 90's! Let's just say that dumpster diving was something I proudly partook in ;-)

Bless the guy or gal that's willing to offer some of these stuff anymore and be willing to take a hit or make very little money.

Edited by save2600
  • Like 1

It's the econony. The economy comes back, then so do buyers. It's not rocket science.

The economy is killing everyone practically and the problem is I dont see it getting better anytime soon.

Hopefully it does but until then this is what you'll get for commons.

Im thinking of getting rid of all my CIBs because Ive had to fence too many rares because of this economy and at this point,

I'd rather just play my multicarts and not be scrapping to make bills but Im not selling my commons at this point becuase of the economy and because if things get better and I go back to collecting 2600 CIBs, then Im not going to want to deal with hunting down nice commons again.

My 7800 collection Im not touching as its one CIB/NIB from being complete but I may delce into selling my 5200 rares soon.

But its the economy. Good time to buy in general. Cheers

It's the econony. The economy comes back, then so do buyers. It's not rocket science.

The economy is killing everyone practically and the problem is I dont see it getting better anytime soon.

Hopefully it does but until then this is what you'll get for commons.

Im thinking of getting rid of all my CIBs because Ive had to fence too many rares because of this economy and at this point,

I'd rather just play my multicarts and not be scrapping to make bills but Im not selling my commons at this point becuase of the economy and because if things get better and I go back to collecting 2600 CIBs, then Im not going to want to deal with hunting down nice commons again.

My 7800 collection Im not touching as its one CIB/NIB from being complete but I may delce into selling my 5200 rares soon.

But its the economy. Good time to buy in general. Cheers

Speaking of fencing rares, did you fence your Gamma Attack?

It was also up for a day and the free shipping was obviously someone that didnt care about em that much and just wanted them gone.

similar to what people do in the free thread here. The boxes didnt look that great anyhow but it was for sale for less than a day when it sold.

Whats the big surprise? I just dont get it. People are busy saturday night sunday mornings in general too.

This wasnt that big a deal in any event. ;)

• Like 1

It was also up for a day and the free shipping was obviously someone that didnt care about em that much and just wanted them gone.

similar to what people do in the free thread here. The boxes didnt look that great anyhow but it was for sale for less than a day when it sold.

Whats the big surprise? I just dont get it. People are busy saturday night sunday mornings in general too.

Where are you getting only up for a day from? I see Duration of 7 days.

I only have some boxed Supercharger stuff and a boxed Omega Race and that's it for CIB 2600 that I have. Damn, for $15 I would have bought this auction, I need to check ebay more often. :)

Ironic. I have over 200 CIB games, but only recently was able to get a CIB Omega race -- and it isn't even in very good condition....

Be careful, once you start down the CIB path, it is like dope (i.e. addictive and expensive).

Where are you getting only up for a day from? I see Duration of 7 days.

I think he means it ended after a day. But did it sell, or was it just pulled (seller figured out he'd lose money on shipping?)

Just curious... why don't you worry about this stuff if an auction like this goes to completion and doesn't sell rather than worry about it when it's been up for a few hours or even a day... sometimes that's not enough time for someone to pull the trigger, especially with times as tough as they are. You also have to consider that most people wanting to collect boxes probably already have all those commons. I don't want another copy of them even for $15. Wait until there's a real problem before getting excited. Yes, I understand the issue of things being thrown away... I doubt that will ever change. People find these in the attic all the time and think they're old junk and toss them out. That's reality for any collectible.

Is the sky falling? I don't think so.

Lots of good reasons have been pointed out already, and while some games may find their way into the dustbins of history, there are still plenty of people who hear stories about big money to be made selling Atari games - did you hear, some little old lady from Alaska just made $5000 from some Atari "tape"? - and will try to sell their games. They may be disappointed not getting $100 for Pac-Man, but games will continue to be listed on eBay, other internet sites such as amazon.com and craigslist, donated to thrift stores, and put out at yard sales. May we all find the games we want.