IGNORED

7800 gearheads - signal ?

BungBat

Hello all:

My buddy bought a 7800 from someone on eBay, and they shipped it with an NES RF adaptor. I told him I did not think it would work with that, and it did not. We tried a straight-through RCA cable with an RCA-coax adapter, and the 7800 works.

He wants to get his money back because of this and the fact that the joysticks do not work well. What I want to know is if anyone can verify that a 7800 will not work with a NES RF adaptor. That would go a long way to punch a hole in the seller's claim that she tested this garbage.

Edited by BungBat

Using a NES RF switchbox with a 7800 will work but give you a very poor quality picture.

Mitch

Okay, then that validates what I found. Works, but fuzzy as hell and static. That should be enough to prove that the seller did not test the items as she said she did.

Thanks much!

It will not work, and it's a bit hard to "test" a 7800 without hooking up to a TV's RF input.

The 7800 can be modded to work with a Nintendo-style switch, and I did it once, but it was a pain in the butt trying to get the RF modulator open to make the mod.

And it's almost pointless to use an RF switch now anyhow. Just get an RCA-male to F-female connector, stick it on the back of the 7800, and wire it up straight to the TV with regular cable TV wire.