IGNORED

HSC Season 7 Week 13: Pressure Cooker

Ze_ro

Important Note: This weeks competition is over and no further scores will be accepted.

Business is booming at "The Grille". Hamburger orders are just pouring in. But back in the Assembly Room, the Food Dispenser is pouring out condiments everywhere. Help Short-Order Sam fill each order with the proper combination of tomatoes, onions, lettuce and cheese. And don't forget the bun! Then, rush the completed orders to the Wrapping Room fast. Alright cooks, grab your spatulas!

s_PressureCooker_2.png

Game Information
  • Game Name: Pressure Cooker
  • Released By: Activision
  • Left Difficulty: Your Choice (Toggles Music)
  • Right Difficulty: N/A
  • Game Mode: Default
  • Chosen By: Deteacher

Post your scores right here in this thread, and I will add them to the list. Remember to play the game with the recommended game mode and difficulty settings as shown above so that your scores will be consistent with everyone elses. The deadline for posting scores is Wednesday November 18th at 1:00 AM (CST).

Current High Scores
  1. 296,845 (toymailman) [+11]PressureCooker.jpg[+1]
  2. 238,860 (Deteacher) [+10]PressureCooker.jpg[+1]
  3. 172,865 (oyamafamily) [+9]PressureCooker.jpg[+1]
  4. 130,365 (JacobZu7zu7) [+8]PressureCooker.jpg[+1]
  5. 79,375 (Zoyx) [+7]PressureCooker.jpg[+1]
  6. 53,715 (Hornpipe2) [+6]PressureCooker.jpg[+1]
  7. 14,595 (aftermac) [+5]
  8. 12,000 (shadow460) [+4]
  9. 7950 (vjames) [+3]
  10. 3425 (roadrunner) [+2]

Best Tips
  • JacobZu7zu7 [+2]

Challenges
  • Patch Challenge - Short Order Squad - Score 45,000 points or higher, and you get 1 bonus point!

TwinGalaxies Top 3
  1. 1,000,000 (Todd Rogers)
  2. 222,885 (James Randall)
  3. 217,925 (Robert Macauley) (PAL)
(Game 1, Difficulty B)
Current Standings
  1. toymailman [114]
  2. Atardi [84]
  3. Zoyx [74]
  4. shadow460 [74]
  5. Deteacher [70]
  6. darthkur [70]
  7. Captain Beard [61]
  8. vjames [58]
  9. godzillajoe [56]
  10. CebusCapucinis [54]
  11. keilbaca [42]
  12. oyamafamily [32]
  13. roadrunner [29]
  14. Vectorman0 [29]
  15. aftermac [27]
  16. homerwannabee [26]
  17. SpiceWare [24]
  18. devwebcl [13]
  19. Nathan Strum [11]
  20. Carey85 [10]
  21. LarcenTyler [9]
  22. kote [8]
  23. Hornpipe2 [7]
  24. Animan [6]
  25. Mister VCS [6]
  26. LoneWolfSeth [6]
  27. 4Ks [5]
  28. Wickeycolumbus [4]
  29. chuckwalla [3]
  30. Shannon [2]
  31. jeremysart [2]
  32. vintagegamecrazy [2]
  33. sloth713 [2]
  34. jjd [2]
  35. ChrisKoopa [1]
  36. Impaler_26 [1]
  37. Nati [1]
  38. disjuakifa [1]

Scoring Points in Pressure Cooker
  • Catch a condiment - 5 points
  • Place a condiment on a hamburger for the first time - 10 points
  • Drop a completed hamburger into the correct wrapping chute - 100 points
  • You score bonus points at the end of each level

Hints and Tips

The Manual

As always, you really should read the manual. In case you don't have a copy of it, AtariAge has a typed copy and a scanned copy available online. Here are the hints it provides:

• First of all, keep moving. The open-flame oven never stops cooking, so you never have time to just stand around. Run to the conveyor belt and place the condiment on the hamburger. After dropping a hamburger into a wrapping chute, hurry back to the Assembly Room. Don't waste time watching the order fall into the sack.
  • Also, it is important to remember that the Food Dispenser only throws out one condiment at a time. So, if there is one in particular that you need, then move closer to the dispenser and reject the ones that you don't need. It'll really speed things up, and you'll get the condiment that you need sooner.
  • Lastly, there will be times when you catch a condiment that you don't want. When that happens, place it on the hamburger at the top of the conveyor belt and hope the next order will need it. But more importantly, try not to catch any useless condiments.

Also, we played this game twice before in the High Score Club, check out Season 5 and Season 1.

JacobZu7zu7

1.Both the tomato and the hamburger bun can be grabbed/taken perfectly everytime by running either all the way to the top first, or down all the way to the bottom. Doesn't look pretty, but you won't have to break these two food items again with this method.

2.To avoid smashing your food items, make sure your head/face clears each food item. If you are head level with the flying food, it will smash you in the face. Also be sure to stand far enough to the left to have room to grab each food item properly.

3.Sometimes if you make an error with matching your food items together you can still complete the order without wasting the hamburger...as long as you added items that are "vital" to the order.

For example if the order required 1 lettuce and 1 tomato, but you added 3 tomatoes and 2 lettuce it's just fine as long as it follows what the checks requested from you.

4.If you are unsure of what food item you need to add to your hamburger, you can look left to the conveyer belt and check the colors already on your hamburger to maybe help you decide what you need next.

5.In later rounds the hamburger bun comes at you sometimes when you don't need it although, if it comes to you 2 times in a row that means there's an order all ready to be completed, and you just have missed seeing it on the check system below. Sometimes there's no time to stare at the checks and figure it, just trust that if the bun keeps coming at you, that means it's time to use it!

--Zero

I'm penciling in Toymailman for a win on this one... ;)

<smack talk>

Yeah, don't bet on it, buddy. He'd better put his game where your mouth is.

</smack talk>

:)

I couldn't resist.

Ima start this game off with 12,000. Score was about 400 points higher but I had to take a phone call.

Edited by shadow460

I'm penciling in Toymailman for a win on this one... ;)

<smack talk>

Yeah, don't bet on it, buddy. He'd better put his game where your mouth is.

</smack talk>

:)

I couldn't resist.

Ima start this game off with 12,000. Score was about 400 points higher but I had to take a phone call.

Well, at least he has to start from scratch and can't just use his TG score. Also, I'm not entirely comfortable with Toymailman putting anything where my mouth is, but I'm confident he'll bring his "A" game. :P :D

Well, at least he has to start from scratch and can't just use his TG score. Also, I'm not entirely comfortable with Toymailman putting anything where my mouth is, but I'm confident he'll bring his "A" game. :P :D

LOL! I agree, it might damage the game too. :D

Well I'm not up to my TG score, but I at least beat my score the last time we played this game in Season 5 Week 9.

post-10944-125800087769_thumb.jpg

I have no idea how Todd Rogers got all the way to 1,000,000 points. The action is frantic when you get above 200k. Getting another 800k on top of that is amazing.

A few tips,

1.Both the tomato and the hamburger bun can be grabbed/taken perfectly everytime by running either all the way to the top first, or down all the way to the bottom. Doesn't look pretty, but you won't have to break these two food items again with this method.

2.To avoid smashing your food items, make sure your head/face clears each food item. If you are head level with the flying food, it will smash you in the face. Also be sure to stand far enough to the left to have room to grab each food item properly.

3.Sometimes if you make an error with matching your food items together you can still complete the order without wasting the hamburger...as long as you added items that are "vital" to the order.

For example if the order required 1 lettuce and 1 tomato, but you added 3 tomatoes and 2 lettuce it's just fine as long as it follows what the checks requested from you.

4.If you are unsure of what food item you need to add to your hamburger, you can look left to the conveyer belt and check the colors already on your hamburger to maybe help you decide what you need next.

5.In later rounds the hamburger bun comes at you sometimes when you don't need it although, if it comes to you 2 times in a row that means there's an order all ready to be completed, and you just have missed seeing it on the check system below. Sometimes there's no time to stare at the checks and figure it, just trust that if the bun keeps coming at you, that means it's time to use it!

Those are my tips, the last tip I'm not 100% on, so would be good if someone here can confirm it for me. Thanks...

Edited by JacobZu7zu7