IGNORED

Ebay has been shut down for hours now!

homerwannabee

I experienced this earlier as well. When the search did work, it didn't seem to return all the results. I was searching for a couple of specific items I browsed earlier and neither showed up. Once things were going again I was able to find them. This is a the first time I've ever seen this sort of behavior from Ebay. I've seen it slow but never unable to search.

tjb

They just emailed it. Each code was a specific generated alpha-numeric that only worked for the user that they sent it to. I'm not sure if they had a way to detect that you were surfing or what, but they said something like they noticed you had trouble on Saturday. If you didn't log in they may not have mailed you one. I'd bet you could contact customer support and get a code, by simply saying you had been surfing eBay last weekend and it wasn't working "is there anything they can do to gain your business back?" Not everyone signs in before they start searching.

AX

Ahh Ebay sends so much crap I have it going to junk folder. What day was it sent if you wouldn't mind? :)

They just emailed it. Each code was a specific generated alpha-numeric that only worked for the user that they sent it to. I'm not sure if they had a way to detect that you were surfing or what, but they said something like they noticed you had trouble on Saturday. If you didn't log in they may not have mailed you one. I'd bet you could contact customer support and get a code, by simply saying you had been surfing eBay last weekend and it wasn't working "is there anything they can do to gain your business back?" Not everyone signs in before they start searching.

AX

Maybe, or maybe buy/seller, or large volume of one or the other. I buy 4:1 to my sales on eBay. Usually there are coupon codes around this time of the year too. A few quick google searches brought up previous codes for other years, but nothing for this year yet. If anyone has any general eBay/Paypal holiday codes feel free to post (the kind everyone can use).

:thumbsup:

AX

I wonder if the coupon was mainly targeted at sellers? I was surfing that day and didn't receive a coupon. Then again I'm always a buyer

tjb

I have an employee who sells a few things here and there on ebay. I dunno 40 a year or so but she is always looking rarely does she buy but every now and then she does. She always get Ebay coupons. Once a month or two she tells me she got a new one and sometimes I have her buy something for me if she won't be using it. So I think you are right for the most part coupons are targeted on creating new sales and not reducing revenue. Why send a coupon to someone who is standing in line ready to pay full price?

If you were to have multiple accounts I'm sure you could dublicate this. Buy 3-4 things a year but log in once or twice a week and look around a bit. If you find something you want buy it on the main account.

Maybe, or maybe buy/seller, or large volume of one or the other. I buy 4:1 to my sales on eBay. Usually there are coupon codes around this time of the year too. A few quick google searches brought up previous codes for other years, but nothing for this year yet. If anyone has any general eBay/Paypal holiday codes feel free to post (the kind everyone can use).

:thumbsup:

AX

I received also one, and I'm no seller

Maybe I had placed a bid on an item, like 1 day before it ended - can't remember. I mean, maybe I had a bid placed before the shutdown.

Just looking for a reason

• 2 weeks later...