IGNORED

GAMMA-ATTACK last original cartridge up on EBAY

gamecrawler

I have put my last Gamma-Attack cartridge from the 1983 run up on EBAY.

I have also added that I (the original programmer) will sign the cartridge

and instruction sheet.

This is great for some who collects the rarest of rare.

Would like to clear this, before I begin selling signed repro's and new games.

:)

Gamecrawler

• Like 3

Wow! Someone should hit the BIN button!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/GAMMA-ATTACK-Last-Original-Cartridge-from-GAMMATION_W0QQitemZ220515531979QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Vintage_Video_Games?hash=item3357bffccb

Edited by iwan-iwanowitsch-goratschin

Wasn't me..... ;) I got some other major deals I need to finalize. Besides, I have the true original one with the Atari case...the one sold today was put together recently with newer parts and the shell is different...mine is the real mccoy!!! :)

Edited by Wonder007

Is that my original screenshot being used?! Thats copyrighted material! :P Just kiddin. :D

Isn't that what you described before as a "test cart"? And what does that mean exactly?

As far as the extra labels you have go, You can easily turn the rarest game into an also ran if you sell these original labels separate or at least give the proverbial "camels nose under the tent" to chances at forgery's in the future. I am no technical guy but I assume you could tell from opening up the cart if others popped up? I would put a whole puncher thru the remainder labels so you don't turn the rarest game into a joke down the road. Unless you can think of a better idea of how to make them discernible from the only 2 that are known to exist. Selling the labels the way they are leaves the door open to fraud is all I'm saying and as Jose finally pointed out, I no longer have a dog in this fight. Just a few thoughts I thought I'd share since I've been following the whole renewed Gamma threads.

Good luck to all. Gamma Rules! Cheers :)

Edited by Phantom

Is that my original screenshot being used?! Thats copyrighted material! :P Just kiddin. :D

Isn't that what you described before as a "test cart"? And what does that mean exactly?

As far as the extra labels you have go, You can easily turn the rarest game into an also ran if you sell these original labels separate or at least give the proverbial "camels nose under the tent" to chances at forgery's in the future. I am no technical guy but I assume you could tell from opening up the cart if others popped up? I would put a whole puncher thru the remainder labels so you don't turn the rarest game into a joke down the road. Unless you can think of a better idea of how to make them discernible from the only 2 that are known to exist. Selling the labels the way they are leaves the door open to fraud is all I'm saying and as Jose finally pointed out, I no longer have a dog in this fight. Just a few thoughts I thought I'd share since I've been following the whole renewed Gamma threads.

Good luck to all. Gamma Rules! Cheers :)

The one in the auction looks exactly like the one pictured in the photo on his website and is described as his "last" GA. The "test" cart you are referring to appears to be the bare chip in the middle. so the question is which one is this and which one did Wonder buy? And I agree with you about those labels making it easy to counterfeit the 2 or 3 originals...

No, the one I bought was Phantom's which he found in the wild. My copy is legit because it was actually released back in the 80's (one of the 10 or so that the programmer says was sold back then). The one from today's auction not only looks different from mine but it is the one that is pictured on his website (www.gammation.com). This is why I feel that the one auctioned today is not as valuable as the one I have.

No, the one I bought was Phantom's which he found in the wild. My copy is legit because it was actually released back in the 80's (one of the 10 or so that the programmer says was sold back then). The one from today's auction not only looks different from mine but it is the one that is pictured on his website (www.gammation.com). This is why I feel that the one auctioned today is not as valuable as the one I have.

No the one you have is more valuable no question, but this is still a valuable cart given that it is only the second known to exist. There are 12 known Air Raids, and the latest went for $2850. Even with the detached label and incorrect cart it still is worth the $3,000 in my opinion. Also, this one has the instruction manual. So it does have something going for it.

Also, congrats on the buy of the Gammation cart. All you really need now are Birthday Mania, and maybe Red Sea Crossing.

Edited by homerwannabee

No the one you have is more valuable no question, but this is still a valuable cart given that it is only the second known to exist. There are 12 known Air Raids, and the latest went for $2850. Even with the detached label and incorrect cart it still is worth the $3,000 in my opinion. Also, this one has the instruction manual. So it does have something going for it.

Also, congrats on the buy of the Gammation cart. All you really need now are Birthday Mania, and maybe Red Sea Crossing.

I am the one who picked up the Gamma Attack cart from yesterday's auction. The seller has guaranteed that it was his last remaining cart from the 1983 run, not put together using later sourced parts. He could have easily transferred the board and labels to a standard Atari cart, but he has left it in its original case.

As for its value I would think it is on par with the cart found in the wild. This is on the basis that no one would ever value carts found in the wild over NOS found it the developer's closet. If anything they value it more! This is evident from the great Commavid find. Its a hard call to say that a VL found in the wild would draw more money than the unsold stock found in the Commavid guy's basement ;)

And Homer, unfortunately i need much much more than birthday mania for a complete set ;)

• Like 1

Dino! DINO! DINOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Congrats to this purchase, mate! :lust: :love:

If we are talking about one of a kind................you own it now! :cool:

Thanks buddy. This is the last purchase for me for a loooooong time. you PAL collectors better hope some nice rarities come up for sale soon ;)

Dino! DINO! DINOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Congrats to this purchase, mate! :lust: :love:

If we are talking about one of a kind................you own it now! :cool:

Thanks buddy. This is the last purchase for me for a loooooong time. you PAL collectors better hope some nice rarities come up for sale soon ;)

I think you need to sell some of your recent PAL purchase goodness to your buddy across the border to help pay for that gamma attack. :ponder:

Edited by pangasinan