IGNORED

GAMMA-ATTACK last original cartridge up on EBAY

gamecrawler

All in all I would look at the one Jose has as the released retail version and the one Dino has as a test cart or prototype. But hey I don't know shit from good chocolate so who am I to talk. :dunce:

Thats if you ignore what the programmer/seller said.In fact its looks like it may be the other way around.

The programmer said that the one Dino bought is from the original run,so its been established that Dinos is original so if Wonders is different then that may well be a knocked up one from somewhere else.

Edited by pangasinan
  • Like 1

All in all I would look at the one Jose has as the released retail version and the one Dino has as a test cart or prototype. But hey I don't know shit from good chocolate so who am I to talk. :dunce:

Thats if you ignore what the programmer/seller said.

What said the programmer about bowel movement and good chocolate????

Thats if you ignore what the programmer/seller said.In fact its looks like it may be the other way around.

The programmer said that the one Dino bought is from the original run,so its been established that Dinos is original so if Wonders is different then that may well be a knocked up one from somewhere else.

Lauhgable. He admitted mine was one he had made when he was trackd down by AA members AFTER I found the ORIGINAL and I spent $$$$ of dollars on repros over the years from various AA members because I could make my own and conjure up ROMs with no skill but Im too lazy to make my own repros. Seriously if this comment wasnt so silly, I would be offended. Besides when I found it, this creator hadnt probably touched an atari game in 15+ years but I must have found a repro someone made in 1983 and all the others originals got trashed. LMFAO!HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Edited by Phantom

Just a wee bit sensitive arent we Phantom :D ..it was a possibility,ok so now its been established there are 2 originals.

No biggie. I lauhged with it but yes, however indirect or non-intentional, when a comment makes me into possibly a fraud, I do get a bit miffed.

I failed to mention the one thing that assures the one I found was legit, the labels!

I would have had to have a mylar repro done of a game I had never seen to have pulled off a fake.

Sadly there are labels left that could be used for fakes and thats a shame. When I said hole-punch them, I meant it. It doesnt have to be a huge whole but something to make them differ and not ruin the mystique of this wonderful game and though I no longer own the original, I am quite proud to have preserved and released the ROM to the masses after all those years and to have rediscovered it in general. Anyhow congrats Dino, I'm glad you got it and the Manual is a nice touch. Cheers

Edited by Phantom

Also, congrats on the buy of the Gammation cart. All you really need now are Birthday Mania, and maybe Red Sea Crossing.

Monogrammed Space Chase?

Totally forgot about that one. Yeah, pretty sure Wonder does not have that one either.

I'd never buy a monogrammed Space Chase without the docs to support it as it's just to easy to fake something like that.

Also, congrats on the buy of the Gammation cart. All you really need now are Birthday Mania, and maybe Red Sea Crossing.

Monogrammed Space Chase?

Totally forgot about that one. Yeah, pretty sure Wonder does not have that one either.

I'd never buy a monogrammed Space Chase without the docs to support it as it's just to easy to fake something like that.

That's why Wonder007 already has one with his own initials. :cool:

That's why Wonder007 already has one with his own initials. :cool:

Point and case right there. I did one for McGrail many years ago also but I put a repro label on it and changed some of the gfx besides the ship to be safe.

Edited by Shawn Sr.

This is on the basis that no one would ever value carts found in the wild over NOS found it the developer's closet.

NOS! :lust: That sounds so sexy!

Yes, what would we all do without NOS! ;)

We wouldnt be able to smell :ponder:

You should be able! ;) Dino promised to send me some naked pics of the cart!!!! :D

Sadly there are labels left that could be used for fakes and thats a shame. When I said hole-punch them, I meant it. It doesnt have to be a huge whole but something to make them differ and not ruin the mystique of this wonderful game and though I no longer own the original, I am quite proud to have preserved and released the ROM to the masses after all those years and to have rediscovered it in general. Anyhow congrats Dino, I'm glad you got it and the Manual is a nice touch. Cheers

Thanks Ant! Its a real shame you had to sell yours. Must be hard to have to sell such a rarity. And i agree about the labels, but that is up to the programmer ;)

A small number of Cubicolor were sold in the 80's and then some collectors tracked him down and he sold off the rest of them. Then when he was CGE 2001 or 2002 he sold another one at auction. Who knows he may sell another sometime.

I think the Gamma Attack guy would be much better off using the same stickers he has just as they are. It would certainly add to the value of the first batch done with the real stickers. I bet he could sell them for $100 each. They aren't really reproductions when you are the guy who made them in the first place. Everyone who says put a hole in the sticker tell me this....if he sold them with the stickers just as they are and you bought a cart with this sticker would you put a hole in the sticker of the one you bought?

A small number of Cubicolor were sold in the 80's and then some collectors tracked him down and he sold off the rest of them. Then when he was CGE 2001 or 2002 he sold another one at auction. Who knows he may sell another sometime.

I think the Gamma Attack guy would be much better off using the same stickers he has just as they are. It would certainly add to the value of the first batch done with the real stickers. I bet he could sell them for $100 each. They aren't really reproductions when you are the guy who made them in the first place. Everyone who says put a hole in the sticker tell me this....if he sold them with the stickers just as they are and you bought a cart with this sticker would you put a hole in the sticker of the one you bought?

well if you can tell me how else to tell the difference between the real article and the repros that these would be on, then sure.

But you are saying sell them like that and then 5 more people claim they have a real one 2 years from now after theyve been sold and resold. I could care less. The bastard in me says let there be fakes now that I dont own one but the collector in me says that it is wrong and isnt fair to the people whom purchased real ones for large sums.

Sure put them together, some new fakes with real labels, just affix them solidly to colored cartridges. Blue, red, Green, whatever.

Then again, do whatever you thinks best. Let there be fraud, who cares anyway. Ive had to sell not only this but many rare CIBs as well and Im about fed up with the whole collecting thing besides the fact that its taking away from my playing time worrying about dumb shit like this all the time isntead of just playing the games.

You want fakes to become even more prevalant? Then make repros with real labels...it's simple. Cheers Mickey

well if you can tell me how else to tell the difference between the real article and the repros that these would be on, then sure.

But you are saying sell them like that and then 5 more people claim they have a real one 2 years from now after theyve been sold and resold. I could care less. The bastard in me says let there be fakes now that I dont own one but the collector in me says that it is wrong and isnt fair to the people whom purchased real ones for large sums.

Sure put them together, some new fakes with real labels, just affix them solidly to colored cartridges. Blue, red, Green, whatever.

Then again, do whatever you thinks best. Let there be fraud, who cares anyway. Ive had to sell not only this but many rare CIBs as well and Im about fed up with the whole collecting thing besides the fact that its taking away from my playing time worrying about dumb shit like this all the time isntead of just playing the games.

You want fakes to become even more prevalant? Then make repros with real labels...it's simple. Cheers Mickey

I think the case should differ slightly to indicate it is from a later production run but this is the original producer so it isn't a fake and it isn't a repro.

I think the case should differ slightly to indicate it is from a later production run but this is the original producer so it isn't a fake and it isn't a repro.

And what would stop the a$$hole who put a repro Atlantis 2 into an Atlantis cart and sold it to me for $$$ doing the same thing again???

With Cubicolor, Rob had surplus carts that he was offloading - he wasn't burning new ROMs the way gamecrawler would have to. He sold his remianing stick and did keep a few and can sell them whenever he likes. Gamecrawler by his own admission only had one gamma attack left from his original production run.

If he starts selling new roms in cases with these stickers, they would still be reproductions despite the fact that he was the originator. It would be like the Commavid guys producing another half dozen Video Lifes and expecting to get $5k from them because it was they that originally made them. It just wouldn't happen, they would not be "original".

If Gamecrawler does produce repros the way you are saying and uses these stickers, he will only ever be able to sell then for up to $100 max. The guys taht will make the REAL money are those that will then try to fake the originals and try to sell them for $$$$, again profiting from his game, whilst he gets very little. He would be far better off making just a few repros and getting friends and family to sell them as originals instead ;)

The collector in me has the same sentiments as Phantom. I think it would be nice if the remaining originals (if any still exist) could find their way into collectors hands. And I also hate the current spate of rip-offs that appear dailiy on ebay thay con newbie collectors to part from their hard-earned cash. In terms of the impact to me personally, I honestly don't care whether he sells the stickers or not. In many ways, it would be to Wonder007's and mine benefit as we would have the only confirmed originals known to exist and it would stay that way period. In fact that's probably how it is now. Anyone buying an "original" Gamma Attack found in the wild from now on will have a hard time proving that it wasn't made in 2009. How do you know Gamecrawler hasn't already sold any labels to unscrupulous individuals, who plan to "release" them into the wild. As CPUWIZ rightly put it earlier in this thread - He wouldn't buy a Space Chase Monnogrammed without the documents as they are too easy to replicate. The same applies for any Gamma Attack found from now on.

How do you know Gamecrawler hasn't already sold any labels to unscrupulous individuals, who plan to "release" them into the wild. As CPUWIZ rightly put it earlier in this thread - He wouldn't buy a Space Chase Monnogrammed without the documents as they are too easy to replicate. The same applies for any Gamma Attack found from now on.

Games with documents are overrated! :P

How do you know Gamecrawler hasn't already sold any labels to unscrupulous individuals, who plan to "release" them into the wild. As CPUWIZ rightly put it earlier in this thread - He wouldn't buy a Space Chase Monnogrammed without the documents as they are too easy to replicate. The same applies for any Gamma Attack found from now on.

Games with documents are overrated! :P

:rolling: