IGNORED

Does this exist?

Kurisu

Ok, I have a very simple idea to bring up: I would not doubt if someone else has not thought it up somewhere, sometime, but it is worth a shot to think about it.

We all know a nice stash of games do NOT fit in the stock 7800, at least, not older ones, from what I have read, and seen in my recently-acquired unit.

Well, I was thinking: couldn't someone just make a basic 2600-only adaptor? My idea would simply be to use a dead cart, stripped of its chips, as the contact base to the system: one would wire the contacts to another cart plug somehow molded into the top of the device, where you would place in your random 2600 cart (activision or imagic anyone? :D ). Think something like the game genie, but with nothing but physical connection in between.

If I felt confident enough, and had a dead 2600 to cannibalize, I would try to build a prototype tomorrow, but obviously I don't, so I am just throwing the idea out there.

Maybe something exists, but as I said, I found no info, so what do you guys have to say?

I like the idea as i'm not fond of carving up the original case just to fit some 2600 in. I wonder if the hi-score cartridge for the 7800 would basically have the desired effect?

Yeah, this was my whole idea. I forgot to mention in my original post that the idea was that you wouldn't have to modify the unit in any way: you would just plug this baby in and be good to go.

As for the high score cart, I would guess it all depends on how it works, and communicates between the game and the console; basically, WOULD it allow the games to run, or not?