IGNORED

Playstation Dual Analog Controller?

peeingas

It's the original analogue controller before they came out with the dual shock. I remember owning a few of those then dual shock came out later that year.

Yep, no rumble. These babies came out around the same time as Ape Escape, and all of a sudden, the Sony kids understood what the Nintendo kids were getting at with their newfangled analog stick. But then they had to catch up with Star Fox 64 and the rumble pack, so Dualshocks came out pretty quick after. In fact, the original Japanese Dual Analogs had rumble, but it was only a single motor, and had enough technical flaws that it was scraped for the North American release.

Also, as you can see in the picture in the link, the handgrips are longer and the sticks have a concave depression in them for the thumbs to nestle into. Personally, I have always found dualshock sticks and their rubber grips to be a tad slippery and imprecise. The dual analog sticks feel much better to me.

Oh and finally the R2 and R3 buttons are ridged and "clickier".

The Dual Analog was replaced very quickly by the Dualshock so it has become something of a collectors item. But I think the one in the link is too expensive.

Very interesting! I never heard of these either. I thought Sony went straight from the original controllers to the DualShock's. I bought my Playstation with the original controllers and then upgraded to a DualShock when they were released.

These must not have been sold very long....or maybe they were included with a release of a console?

Thanks for the link in any event. :)

looks like no one wants it... or maybe it was too high?

It's too high. This controller is only worth $5 to $10 tops. I got a few of them and I wouldn't even bother trying to sell them cause after fees,ect your not gonna get a whole heck of alot for one of these. If you add up your time,packing,postage,ect. an item like this on it's own is just not worth selling for the couple bucks you get in the end (IMO).