IGNORED

mos6507's Blog - If it seems too good to be true...

RSS Bot

Last year I got sucked up in the hype over the E-Fix dongle to effortlessly build hackintoshes. This was after the boot drive on my main XP machine bit the dust and I didn't want to restore it because it's an old AGP/PCI motherboard that will never be HD-ready. When I got my business laptop I decided to hold off on building out a system since, as you know, motherboard and CPU technology changes at the drop of a hat, and the product was still very new. Periodically I would "check in" on the progress of E-Fix and it seemed like it was getting less stable over time and the HCL was not growing fast enough. So fast-forward to this fall. The Core i7 boards seemed really overengineered, but then they came out with the simpler P55 motherboards. That seems like a good place to jump back in. But I'll have to decide how to handle hackintoshing since I have a version 1.0 E-Fix which requires a lengthy and expensive upgrade swap. And then I read this expose.

So it seems if you really want a hackintosh, you have to learn how to do it the hard way.

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?app=blog&blogid=103&showentry=6633