IGNORED

White Water Madness/Wood and Water Rage?

DracIsBack

I remember having some Atari Canada catalogues and price lists that referred to "White Water Madness" and/or "Wood and Water Rage".

Anyone know anything about these games? Were they supposed to turn into "Toobin" from Atari Games?

I don't know anything about the games, but I know if you type in "atari 7800" in Half.com, they say there are a bunch of games that are "out of stock" that were never actually made for the 7800. Such as "Wood And Water Rage", Elevator Action, The Eidilon, Gauntlet, even Super Mario Bros. There's more too, if you check it out....some I've never even heard of at all - "Pyromania"? It's a tease. I wish all of those games had been made. Here's the link....go through the other pages too.

http://search.half.ebay.com/atari-7800_W0QQmZvideoQ2dgamesQQpgZ4

Thursday83

IIRC Pyromania was an unreleased game by Froggo

Years ago, Pyromania was listed as "the only unreleased 7800 game". That's obviously since been proven to be false. Not sure if anyone has actually seen Pyromania.

Gauntlet was reported as having been developed by the guys who did TOWER TOPPLER in one of the european magazines. I can't remember which one, but I'm almost certain it was ACE.

I keep meaning to poke through this site to see if I can find it.

http://amr.abime.net/issues_24

IIRC Pyromania was an unreleased game by Froggo

Years ago, Pyromania was listed as "the only unreleased 7800 game". That's obviously since been proven to be false. Not sure if anyone has actually seen Pyromania.

Gauntlet was reported as having been developed by the guys who did TOWER TOPPLER in one of the european magazines. I can't remember which one, but I'm almost certain it was ACE.

I keep meaning to poke through this site to see if I can find it.

http://amr.abime.net/issues_24

Yes it was programmed by Craftgold who did the amazing ST (and other home computer) ports of the game and its also widely known that they used one of the speech samples for it in Jinks!

Oh and you are right it was Ace who did a preview for it, I remember it very well.

Edited by The_Laird

Does anybody have a scan of the Froggo add with the Pyromania game in? Given that the other Froggo games look pretty bad I'm just curious to see what it looked like.

It's only a text ad, no pictures. I think there's a scan in the 7800 catalog section here on AtariAge.

Mitch

Yes it was programmed by Craftgold who did the amazing ST (and other home computer) ports of the game and its also widely known that they used one of the speech samples for it in Jinks!

Oh and you are right it was Ace who did a preview for it, I remember it very well.

I wish I could remember the issue. It had the name of the programmer, which could lead to him coming here. :-)

I wish I could remember the issue. It had the name of the programmer, which could lead to him coming here. :-)

Look in the credits for the other versions of the game. I have the Spectrum and ST versions.