IGNORED

play Atari on the Wii

sphutch78

Please help me install emulators on my Wii. I have a massive cart collection and i'm getting to the point where the carts i don't have i can't afford anymore. My wife thinks my ten game systems hooked up to one telivision is to much, not to mention all the game carts and controllers filling her laundry room. I have never worked with emulators before and need help understanding how to pick and run the emulators and how to soft mod my wii to play these emulators. Please someone help me find the right steps to getting these games all into one system. The emulators i want are (Atari-2600,5200,7800),(Colecovision),(NES, Famicom, SNES), (Sega Genesis). Other emulators i might be interested in are Intellivision,N64, Atari Jaguar. Please help me continue to enjoy new games that i can't afford or even find, all on my Nintendo Wii. Also being vague doesn't help....

Edited by sphutch78

Please help me install emulators on my Wii. I have a massive cart collection and i'm getting to the point where the carts i don't have i can't afford anymore. My wife thinks my ten game systems hooked up to one telivision is to much, not to mention all the game carts and controllers filling her laundry room. I have never worked with emulators before and need help understanding how to pick and run the emulators and how to soft mod my wii to play these emulators. Please someone help me find the right steps to getting these games all into one system. The emulators i want are (Atari-2600,5200,7800),(Colecovision),(NES, Famicom, SNES), (Sega Genesis). Other emulators i might be interested in are Intellivision,N64, Atari Jaguar. Please help me continue to enjoy new games that i can't afford or even find, all on my Nintendo Wii. Also being vague doesn't help....

I don't endorce softmodding your Wii since you can brick it, however, if you have a PC you can get a free download of Console Classix. This will allow you to play game via emulation on your PC. Its a great service. If your TV has a VGA connection you can hook up your TV to your computer. The emulators work with game pads as well.

You can read more about Console Classix here --> http://www.videogametrader.com/play-classic-video-games-free/

I have softmodded my Wii with the Homebrew Channel yes there is always a risk in bricking but if your careful and READ everything you can it can be a nice addition

Try http://www.wiibrew.org and like I said read read read I did before attempting and i have enjoyed the homebrew apps and emulators for months now

And read the threads in Wiibrews forums they dont condone piracy at all and while they are not the be all end all of wii homebrew stuff their installers and such they recommend are among the safest

The emulators are great I only have a Wii and PS2 in Living room (limited space) and being able to try out WIP homebrews and favorite 2600/7800 games is great. plus there are a bunch of emulators available MAME is very still a work in progress but coming along

Try http://www.wiibrew.org and like I said read read read I did before attempting and i have enjoyed the homebrew apps and emulators for months now

:thumbsup: Wiibrew.org has everything you need to know. Easiest softmod I have ever done. The emulators on the Wii are great.

i bought a Wii the other day, set it up, and had emulators loaded within ten minutes. another vote for Wiibrew.