IGNORED

Yellow Zelda Test Cart on Ebay

MrMark0673

Was the label taken right off at one point? The rolling and creases in the label lean towards that or that it's a replacement label from another Zelda cart.

Nope, never removed. Many Zelda Test Cart seem to have similar issues, and I lean toward water damage and the general mistreatment that most other test carts have gone through.

I bought this with together from a lot taken straight from a Test Center:

100_0955.jpg

Never been tampered with, just loved a little less than some others :)

I think you might want to look a little closer at the cart. I'm not saying you did the tampering by any means but you can clearly see exactly how the label was removed. Attached is a pic of your cart and how the label was clearly removed IMO.

First the left hand corner was picked at and then rolled to the first line, second the right bottom corner was pulled up on an angle to the crease line marked with a red line, then when the corners where up it was pulled to the first red line across the label, then to the second, then the end of the label at the top of the cart was pulled up to have the whole label removed. I assume this was done on another zelda cart and then it was applied to this yellow test cart.

Edited by Shawn Sr.

I think you might want to look a little closer at the cart. I'm not saying you did the tampering by any means but you can clearly see exactly how the label was removed. Attached is a pic of your cart and how the label was clearly removed IMO.

First the left hand corner was picked at and then rolled to the first line, second the right bottom corner was pulled up on an angle to the crease line marked with a red line, then when the corners where up it was pulled to the first red line across the label, then to the second, then the end of the label at the top of the cart was pulled up to have the whole label removed. I assume this was done on another zelda cart and then it was applied to this yellow test cart.

Interesting theory, and I don't take offense in the least, but I'm not completely sold just yet. I completely agree with the apparent corner being pulled up at point #1, though that sort of damage is VERY common from when people attempt to put an NES game into a sleeve. The bottom corner catches and gets raised. I can also see a small raised portion at point #6, but the rest seem less convincing and I attribute them to the flash showing damage that isn't actually there.

I don't want anyone to feel cheated, and I can assure you that I didn't do anything personally to the cart, but what Shawn is assuming could very well have happened to the cart before it came into my possession. I find it funny that some of the other test carts would have such substantial damage while this was repaired, especially considering it is very common for other test carts to have various reprinted labels and the seller had no idea that the value of the Zelda cart was any more than the others.

One other thing that leads me to believe that the label is original is because of the back label. The back label is also less than perfect, so why wouldn't that have gotten replaced as well? I am 100% certain it has not been tampered with because of the very small detail that it has no embossed seal on the gold back label. The ONLY carts that had a gold back label without an embossed seal were the Zelda Test carts, which confirms it's legitimacy. This is the only way to confirm a Zelda Test cart from a fake as the board inside is always a production board set.

I'm including a few other close up pictures so people know what they are buying ahead of time. please feel free to make your assumptions about whether it has been tampered with or not. Thanks!

100_1761.jpg

100_1763.jpg

100_1764.jpg

100_1765.jpg