IGNORED

Couple of Referbed NES starter sets

Shawn

Yep,

I just have too many Nintendo's and I need to buy me a AA subcription (as everyone else should too) sooooo....

http://shop.ebay.com/atari7800prosystem/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p4340

Shawn

Seems cheap. There was just an auction not that long ago for 100 deck onlys and it sold for ~$30 each. It was in completed listings but I can't find it.

They are a HELL of a deal. I'd buy for resale if they weren't in Canada.

AX

When I used to sell NES setups on a regular basis I had them at $39.99 and the auctions didn't last 15mins before someone hit the BIN, now I'm having a hard time getting $30 over a 3 day stint. :(

They are a HELL of a deal. I'd buy for resale if they weren't in Canada.

AX

When I used to sell NES setups on a regular basis I had them at $39.99 and the auctions didn't last 15mins before someone hit the BIN, now I'm having a hard time getting $30 over a 3 day stint. :(

add Super Mario Bros to the title. Check completed with "Mario Bros" or "Mario Brothers" in the title. They do sell.

Shawn, sales are horrible this year. I haven't got a clue what is wrong. The ecconomy, blah blah, but last year when it was really bad I had great sales. This year, it's worse than October. Flat line.

AX

Sounds like your having about as much luck as I am :(

EDIT: I just dropped the prices to $19.99 each and removed the buy it now option. They got about a day and half left.

Edited by Shawn Sr.

I know I am not as "serious" a seller as some of you guys, but I am also having terrible luck unloading stuff. Not only that, but I've had two cases now of people trying to pay with an eCheck through Paypal that fails to clear. Super scammy and while I get to sort all that out, the boxed items sit there unsold in my game room and piss me off. And on top of that I got laid off, so I need to sell this crap just to make some cash. Happy holidays.

Not to derail the thread but on average how much business do you do on eBay ax (as a percentage of your total sales, we don't need to know $ numbers if you're not comfortable with that)....70%? 80%?

I know I'm having trouble working my way into the system and trying to 'flip' loose 2600 carts, but I'm chump change compared to the amount of business you do (and do it well, might I add).

Edited by CebusCapucinis

Not to derail the thread but on average how much business do you do on eBay ax (as a percentage of your total sales, we don't need to know $ numbers if you're not comfortable with that)....70%? 80%?

I know I'm having trouble working my way into the system and trying to 'flip' loose 2600 carts, but I'm chump change compared to the amount of business you do (and do it well, might I add).

Loose 2600 commons are a killer to sell and if your not selling in large numbers your gonna have a hard time making $1 on each cart after listing fees and after you factor in your time listing, packing,ect. it's not really worth it at all. Better off trading them in to Albert for 50 cents a pop as AtariAge store credit to be truthful.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I can generally get $2.50 or so per cart for some of the "big names" that people notice but if it ain't rare, it doesn't move. Al might need to prepare for a big bag o' carts. :D

The lots I've bought so far have evened out to around $.45 a game, and about a month ago some of those games moved for $5-$6 each, so I made a couple hundred in profit from the inital burst, but business on my end is really slowing down the past couple weeks. Even with a starting bid of .49 I'm not getting a lot of movement.

Anyway, not to derail any further, if I get another $5-$6 or so from some auctions ending today I'll buy an NES from you!

Edited by CebusCapucinis

Well the only good way I've found of selling semi-rare titles (R3 R4) on eBay is in the $1 - $3 range and hope you hook a big buyer every now and then. Once or twice a month someone comes and buys 20 or 30 carts and I get $50 - $100 on a sale. It isn't my primary money maker. I'd say that on any given month typical sales are 20% of what I have listed. Generally selling on AA is better than eBay. My eBay and AA stuff is usually all extras from my collecting habit. I spent 3:1 on average buying things on eBay vs. Selling.. My wife would rather see that be a 1:1 a self supported hobby. We can dream.

AX

Well the only good way I've found of selling semi-rare titles (R3 R4) on eBay is in the $1 - $3 range and hope you hook a big buyer every now and then. Once or twice a month someone comes and buys 20 or 30 carts and I get $50 - $100 on a sale. It isn't my primary money maker. I'd say that on any given month typical sales are 20% of what I have listed. Generally selling on AA is better than eBay. My eBay and AA stuff is usually all extras from my collecting habit. I spent 3:1 on average buying things on eBay vs. Selling.. My wife would rather see that be a 1:1 a self supported hobby. We can dream.

AX

I myself have it at 1:1 and it's really the only way it can be for me finacially. If it wasn't for my skills in electronics I wouldn't own a tenth of the games I do.