IGNORED

Has anyone modded a 5200 case?

OldSchoolRetroGamer

I am amazed how large the 5200 console is. I know you can store the controllers etc but I was wondering has anyone done any 5200 case mods?

I bet a 5200 in a smaller form factor would be pretty sweet. If anyone knows of any and has links/pics/video that would be awesome!

Check this out. It's pretty cool, but definitely more complicated than just a case mod.

THIS one's also cool, and WAYY more than a case mod, but might have a tidbit or two of info for you:

Neat in concept but looks butt ugly..............

I like the 5200jr Idea better.

Agreed, I was just chiming in with the only case mod I knew of. Thought it might have a pic or idea to help you on your way.

Edited by brojamfootball

THIS one's also cool, and WAYY more than a case mod, but might have a tidbit or two of info for you:

Agreed, I was just chiming in with the only case mod I knew of. Thought it might have a pic or idea to help you on your way.

Oh it's appreciated for sure! I wish I had the skills to simply re-case my own...............

Oh it's appreciated for sure! I wish I had the skills to simply re-case my own...............

That lab rat guy figures out a lot of neat stuff--check out the rest of his site for some other cool Atari doodads if you haven't already.

Seems the whole storage compartment could be removed.

I would imagine it would be fully possible to fit all of it into a 7800.

Just like the American NES, the cartridges are over sized, like a bag of Doritos, you open it up and not even have of the space is filled. You could probably fit a multi cart into something a little bit smaller like a famicom or vic 20 cart, or even just integrate the PCB right into the whole dealio.