IGNORED

atari2600land's Blog - DS Game of the Year 2009

RSS Bot

Well, another year of DS games have come and gone. It's slim pickings this year. Sure there's games like Kingdom Hearts and Legend of Zelda, but I don't like RPGs. So, I've only had a small amount of games I have been anticipating, so let's start this blog entry with the runner-up. This year's runner-up is Bookworm. This game mixes Boggle with Zookeeper for the DS. Make words with tiles Boggle-style. When you clear tiles, new tiles drop from the top. While the game is fun, it is a bit too easy (since when have I complained about a game being too easy?!), since a.) there appears to be no time limit and b.) You can spell three-letter words. Because of this, I assume you can have an infinite game. I had to quit after an hour of playing because I got tired of playing it. And the game of the year for 2009 is Scrabble. Yep, all my games I like have to do with letters in tiles. Pretty weird, huh? I love playing Scrabble, especially with a computer-controlled opponent, and Scrabble seems a perfect fit because there's more than one level for the computer opponent. Well, anyway, I'm looking forward to Intellivision Lives for the DS which is apparently coming out next year. But still, the majority of my time with the DS is playing Mario Kart.

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?app=blog&blogid=168&showentry=6679