IGNORED

Project Unity

Longhorn Engineer

I figured I would take a shot at making one of these, its 3.5" x 4.4".

Very cool, did you design that yourself?

Yea, I used my 6 switch circuit board and a few sets of online schematics as a reference. I wasnt designing for a portable so it has normal joystick ports, six normal slide switches, and stereo audio with composite out. Its using Longhorn's A/V mod. I have one on order at BatchPCB.

I figured I would take a shot at making one of these, its 3.5" x 4.4".

Very cool, did you design that yourself?

Yea, I used my 6 switch circuit board and a few sets of online schematics as a reference. I wasnt designing for a portable so it has normal joystick ports, six normal slide switches, and stereo audio with composite out. Its using Longhorn's A/V mod. I have one on order at BatchPCB.

how much for more boards? ;-)

To order just one it costs $50 to get it to my door. The price per board would drop dramatically depending on how many are ordered. The next quantity level step might be ordering a whole panel. A panel is about 12"x 18", but only 10" x 16" of that is usable. You could fit 8 boards on that and it would cost about $100 give or take $10, which is around $12.50 each. Beyond that it get way cheaper per board, but you need to order lots more.

To order just one it costs $50 to get it to my door. The price per board would drop dramatically depending on how many are ordered. The next quantity level step might be ordering a whole panel. A panel is about 12"x 18", but only 10" x 16" of that is usable. You could fit 8 boards on that and it would cost about $100 give or take $10, which is around $12.50 each. Beyond that it get way cheaper per board, but you need to order lots more.

If anyone wants to get in on a group buy of boards, I'd go for 1 or 2! I might want to modify it so a spare would be cool.

If anyone wants to get in on a group buy of boards, I'd go for 1 or 2! I might want to modify it so a spare would be cool.

Might be a good idea to wait until the design is proven before ordering. That picture of the PCB is just a render the Altium software made of the board. I dont actually have one yet. Its being fabricated right now, usually with a two week lead time at BatchPCB. I will let know how it turns out.

Might be a good idea to wait until the design is proven before ordering. That picture of the PCB is just a render the Altium software made of the board. I dont actually have one yet. Its being fabricated right now, usually with a two week lead time at BatchPCB. I will let know how it turns out.

No problem, I was just saying that I would be interested in pitching in on some to get the price down. The design looks great.