IGNORED

Mord's Blog - Change of Plans!

RSS Bot

I won't be getting the inactive list working with this release. To really be able to test that setup I'm going to need something extra. Monsters! (After all, monsters don't drop to the list!)

So in preparation for the inactive list setup, I'm going to do a couple very simple non-animated test monsters. One of them will do nothing but bounce around a room, changing direction whenever it hits the edge of the game field. The other will run in a straight line unless it hits a dead exit. Hitting a dead exit will make it turn around.

One monster, when destroyed, will generate a heart. I may alter it so it has a % chance of generating a heart.

The other will generate the Black Key, which by that time will be set up a regional object.

Some of the ideas I thought up tonight at work may require objects to have one more byte of data for misc info. It's use would be entirely dependent on the mob's AI. It may be necessary to add that variable to the inactive list as well. I believe there's more than enough ram on the cartridge to handle this.

My weekend starts early so hopefully I'll have this sorted out and the next official version done before Sunday! (As it's way too cold to step outside for me without a real good reason!)

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?app=blog&blogid=129&showentry=6702