IGNORED

Amiga and Goodies up for Auction

Atari8guy

Just a free plug for that DSS Sampler... I currently have the model in the clear case and have worked with yours in the past. They're similar, but I don't think mine has built in sound samples in ROM. Anyway, this is a must have for any Amiga user. Whether you'd actually use the thing or not, it's just that cool. lol Software for it is soooo easy to use. Just a fun thing to play around with. We had a ball with it back in the day, sampling stuff from the TV and incorporating said sounds into music. Good luck with the auction. I'm going to look at the manual of mine and see if it has the built in sounds. If not, I think I'd go ahead and bid on yours :)

Hey thanks,

I've never used it (hence the sale, I just have too many systems), I just typed up what it says on the box. It is in great shape, and it seems like fun... BUT

I'm not sure there are sounds in ROM, I'm not an expert but the box just says "31 Sounds stored in Memory"...I don't know if that implies ROM or not...

Edited by 8bitguy1

Hey thanks,

I've never used it (hence the sale, I just have too many systems), I just typed up what it says on the box. It is in great shape, and it seems like fun... BUT

I'm not sure there are sounds in ROM, I'm not an expert but the box just says "31 Sounds stored in Memory"...I don't know if that implies ROM or not...

Ahh, just did a little investigating. Yeah, I misread that bit: RAM it is. Looks like the only difference between the DSS+ and yours is the addition if a microphone jack. Still, a great little doo-dad for the Miggy! If anyone needed to record their own voice (if yours does not have mic in), would be to hook a tape deck with microphone inputs is all and most people into this kind of thing are more than likely going to have all that fun stuff.

Good to know...I don't want to mis-represent anything. In the box though there is microphone with an RCA jack on the end of it. It's not standard (as in normally included), but its in the picture and included in the auction. Goes right into the line in.....

Edited by 8bitguy1

Good to know...I don't want to mis-represent anything. In the box though there is microphone with an RCA jack on the end of it. It's not standard (as in normally included), but its in the picture and included in the auction. Goes right into the line in.....

Interesting... that probably means there's a software preamp included on the disk!