IGNORED

eBay Sucks Donkey Balls

Albert

I still buy on Ebay all the time. So far "knock on wood" i have never been completely ripped off.

I have been ripped of four times yet, but comparing eBay to sucking a donkey's balls does discriminate against sexual preferences, so I won't agree to that comparison:

The first rip-off was some guy from the UK who offered a lot of Lesney Adventure 2000 vehicles in "perfect condition" which turned out to show heavy playwear when I received them; sand, scratches, a bent windshield from storage exposed to direct sunlight, etc. And of cours emany of the smaller parts (rockets, tracks) were missing and springs were inoperable.

The second one was a guy from Austria from whom I won an XEGS - never saw anything of it or heard anything from him again when I tried to contact him.

The third one was not a total rip-off admittedly, but the seller active under the name "bubboboo" when he was active last time demanded payment in cash GBP (I sent him 10 GBP although my purchase was only 6 GBP because I was unable to get coins) and didn't refund me the 4 additional GBP through e.g. PayPal.

The fourth one was a guy from the USA who sold CD-Rs as "rare CDs, possibly promo", as I found out when I received an Alphaville CD from him.

Thorsten

• 1 month later...

I have a followup to this thread. First, I must say that it's easy for me to find this thread due to the title. :ponder:

In my attempts to finally complete the purchase of all seven seasons of Star Trek: The Next Generation in the original packaging, I have been watching eBay for the last season I needed: Season 7. One came up recently and I purchased it:

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2605488947861?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&camp

I won the item (for $32, not bad), paid promptly, and received it today. Much to my disgust, the DVD set was mailed in an oversize, plain manila envelope. Not a bubble envelope, no padding whatsoever, and the envelope wasn't even wrapped tightly around the DVD box. I was charged about double what it would have cost to send via Media Mail. Sellers are so goddamn cheap they can't even use a box when they overcharge for shipping. They wanted $11 for Priority Mail shipping--I bet it still would have come in the same envelope, just maybe a bit faster.

Here are some pictures:

sttng_7_1.jpg

sttng_7_2.jpg

sttng_7_3.jpg

sttng_7_4.jpg

The discs themselves are in good shape overall, but not without scratches, as claimed in the auction. But the exterior and interior packaging are anything but "mint shape" as described in the auction. Are there any honest eBay sellers out there any more?

..Al

...was mailed in an oversize, plain manila envelope. Not a bubble envelope, no padding whatsoever...

That has happened to me so many times, I can't even count. Once I received an eBay purchase of a Game Gear that way. Several dozen CIB games have arrived that way, with the cases shattered 80% of the time -- even Sega cases.

Bastards.

...was mailed in an oversize, plain manila envelope. Not a bubble envelope, no padding whatsoever...

That has happened to me so many times, I can't even count. Once I received an eBay purchase of a Game Gear that way. Several dozen CIB games have arrived that way, with the cases shattered 80% of the time -- even Sega cases.

Bastards.

Since my CIB 2800 nightmare - that I got absolutely no refund for... I've had a clean run of great packaging experiences - although now when i win something of high value... even before I bid infact... I put forward my packaging expectations and have the seller acknowledge them before I bid on the auction.

Fingers crossed that I haven't jinxed myself now...

:|