IGNORED

need a little help

mark

im 90% sure i played a pac man arcade and not a mrs. pac man years ago but not really sure. but can you help me out. i remember it had lots of border grafics around moniter and when you finish a level it would flash.

are the pacman themes before you play the same for ms. and the orignal pacman or different. it was 10 years ago and im having trouble remembering which one i played.

so the orignal pacman doesn't flash cause if thats true i must have played a ms. pacman? this is getting confusing for me cause i remember it had lots of border and flashed. can anyone help? are the music themes the same for both pacman and ms pacman?

Yes to both questions...when completed, the border flashes white a few times and intermission "movies" appear after the strawberry, 2nd Galaxian, and 1st key (the last one repeats a few more times during the key levels IIRC). These could be slightly different depending on the version you played...as PacMan was one of the most "cloned" games in arcade history.

hmmmmm??? :ponder: a few more ?s nukey shay if you may. i really don't remember a white flash but i could be wrong. it was more of a colorful flash like on the 2600 ms. pacman. i think i remember a banana as 1 of the fruits. the cabnet was definently yellow so it must have been the orignal. i don't know why i think it was ms. pacman. was the music the same for pacman and ms. pacman? im also 10% sure i seen a big pacman as 1 of the movies.

im just confused and trying to remember something 10 years ago is not easy :P

If it were a "colorful" flash, it would have been a hack or bootleg of Ms.PacMan...as the original PacMan and all of it's clones (like Hangly Man, Pirana, etc.) all used a thin border on a black background. IIRC, all used blue for the borders, except PacMan Plus (which used green). None of them featured a banana as level. Once a level is cleared, the border flashes white four times before the next level appears.

On the other hand, the PacMan program could have been put into another game's hardware (as was done with Scramble). In that case, the border color might have been a different hue...but would still only consist of one color (since the program makes no provision to update more than a single color at a time).

The "big" PacMan appeared in the first intermission in the game (after the strawberry level).