IGNORED

Suspect Auction of Atari 2600 Rares

atari_envy

Wow, Atlantis II, Quadrun, Waterworld, Rubik's Cube, Crazy Climber and Diagnostic Cart.

eBay Seller: comicseller09, "atari 2600"

Ha, ha, but wait -- description is "Rest of auction will be added later by revision", seller has 98.6% Feedback, and -- what's this? -- the carts (seen from a distance) have no label except a crappy, white, hand-made, penned-in label.

The joke will be on someone.

Here's part of the revision for Swordquest Waterworld...

This is one of the carts that nearly got ruined in a "bathtub accident" but survived. I have more than one of most of my games so I dont really need them anyway. The label is gone but it still works as you can see. Since I am not going to open it and take the chance of breaking it and it has no label, I am not going to guarantee that it is authentic. However the labels looked completely authentic to me.

Seems perfect logical to me that Waterworld could have been part of a bathtub accident. I can't wait to read the rest of the descriptions. I'll Crazy Climber lost its label when a window was accidentally closed on it!

• Like 1

Here's part of the revision for Swordquest Waterworld...

This is one of the carts that nearly got ruined in a "bathtub accident" but survived. I have more than one of most of my games so I dont really need them anyway. The label is gone but it still works as you can see. Since I am not going to open it and take the chance of breaking it and it has no label, I am not going to guarantee that it is authentic. However the labels looked completely authentic to me.

Seems perfect logical to me that Waterworld could have been part of a bathtub accident. I can't wait to read the rest of the descriptions. I'll Crazy Climber lost its label when a window was accidentally closed on it!

I always play my Atari with my tubside console/game holder.icon_rolleyes.gif

Quote from the auction description:

This item is NOT guaranteed to be authentic, you buy at your own risk. By bidding on this item you agree that you are not allowed to leave negative feedback, seek a refund or any sort of reparations if not happy, sold as is. And just to make sure that I dont miss some loophole, nobody is allowed to do anything whatsoever that I dont approve of.

I don't care how hard up you are for 2600 games...you've got to be a fool to buy on an auction with that type of wording included.

By bidding on this item you agree that you are not allowed to leave negative feedback, seek a refund or any sort of reparations if not happy, sold as is. And just to make sure that I dont miss some loophole, nobody is allowed to do anything whatsoever that I dont approve of.

Wow, i didnot know that live could be so easy :D

"If I have anymore problems like that one in the future I will close my ebay account, because its just not worth it." -- Hey, someone give him a problem!

Actually, he does have a point with the story of someone buying something "as-is" then leaving neg feedback without even asking for a refund. But still, when these current postings are so d**chey, it makes me suspect there is more to that story.

He also says "If you have any questions or anything please do NOT hesitate to contact me, thats what I am here for."... questions or ANYTHING. So, I guess that means he's up for unrestrained ridicule?

By bidding on this item you agree that you are not allowed to leave negative feedback, seek a refund or any sort of reparations if not happy, sold as is. And just to make sure that I dont miss some loophole, nobody is allowed to do anything whatsoever that I dont approve of.

Wow, i didnot know that live could be so easy :D

Having a statement in your auction description that "you are not allowed to leave negative feedback" absolutely has to be against eBay's rules. I don't think I've ever seen that one before. Geesh, looking at one of these auctions now, over half of the description is him complaining about someone leaving him negative feedback!! :roll:

..Al

Perhaps he doesn't realize that the auction description is part of the "as is".

If you say you are selling 2GB of DDR PC3200, and ship the buyer 128MB of PC100, they have a valid complaint, "as is" or not.

Maybe there's some magic bath beads that dissolve the silver label adhesive???? :P

from i see on the pictures, i think the guy put a lot of effort in his pseudo-scam. he probably bought hozer carts, took out the boards, picked up some silverlabel carts of which he ripped off the labels and then put the hozer boards in there ... thinking that someone would believe his crappy description ...

:roll:

the only bathtub accident i see here is that he was probably give boiling hot bath by his mother when he was a child, which is apparently leading to heavy braincell loss

:lol:

Al, we should have a new section on AA giving out the "AA Moron Award" once a month! ;)

from i see on the pictures, i think the guy put a lot of effort in his pseudo-scam. he probably bought hozer carts, took out the boards, picked up some silverlabel carts of which he ripped off the labels and then put the hozer boards in there ... thinking that someone would believe his crappy description ...

:roll:

the only bathtub accident i see here is that he was probably give boiling hot bath by his mother when he was a child, which is apparently leading to heavy braincell loss

:lol:

Al, we should have a new section on AA giving out the "AA Moron Award" once a month! ;)

This month would be tuff one thought. We also have the got any pics guy too!

This is my favorite part

By bidding on this item you agree that you are not allowed to leave negative feedback, seek a refund or any sort of reparations if not happy, sold as is

I never knew that. Well now i know if i bid im gaurenteeing the seller ill be happy. This guy is Crazy. Meth is one hell of a drug i guess

• Like 1

This month would be tuff one thought. We also have the got any pics guy too!

Mr. Bath Tub is a scammer, Mr. Pics is just unstable. :lol:

Mr. Pics is a little on the crazy side. The guy needs meds this guy needs to stop taking other peoples meds

• Like 1

Perhaps he thought the game carts needed a wash (you know, dust and all that) or play with his carts in the bath (you know, instead of the rubber duck or the battleship)

Also it seems as though the 'bathtub fate' had befallen all his game carts and because he didn't want to open his carts, I think the guy is telling a bit of a porkie (since water residue and whatever was in the bathtub would have also gotten inside the cart)

Dont think these are orig.'s anyway, going by the offer prices

Edited by carmel_andrews