IGNORED

Suspect Auction of Atari 2600 Rares

atari_envy

This guy is awesome! I love it... it's almost like he's saying.... f*ck eBay and those rules and sh*t... they never read this crap anyway, so who cares! love love love this person.

"...On Jan-19-10 at 16:13:46 PST, seller added the following information:

In response to this hilarious person who sent a silly comment on my swordquest waterworld auction (check it out, its hilarious) I am gonna make this little addition and just say they ARE fake! You caught me! Oh gosh darn it. Shucks! I guess everybody should retract their bids now because everything I am selling is fake except the comics. haha. I personally dont care if they sell anyway, because like I said before, its people like him that make ebay a pain. After these auctions I WILL pay my fees and CLOSE my account. Tired of it. ..."

• Like 1

This guy is awesome! I love it... it's almost like he's saying.... f*ck eBay and those rules and sh*t... they never read this crap anyway, so who cares! love love love this person.

In response to this hilarious person who sent a silly comment on my swordquest waterworld auction (check it out, its hilarious) I am gonna make this little addition and just say they ARE fake! You caught me! Oh gosh darn it. Shucks! I guess everybody should retract their bids now because everything I am selling is fake except the comics. haha. I personally dont care if they sell anyway, because like I said before, its people like him that make ebay a pain. After these auctions I WILL pay my fees and CLOSE my account. Tired of it. ..."

yeah wow..... what an ebay anarchist... :|

sounds like a dumbass to me...

• Like 1

This just keeps getting better and better. Stay tuned.

As for closing your account, Mr. Bathtub Billy, please do. EBay doesn't need sellers who feel like they can sell with an attitude of "you are not allowed to leave negative feedback, seek a refund or any sort of reparations if not happy." That is against the rules of eBay and also contrary to common sense of doing good business.

This went from mildly amusing to just blatantly wrong. Someone from AA called him out that these are fake, and this is his response:

"A:You crack me up, Im only gonna comment on one thing and that is that your emails are being forwarded to ebay. Dont you know the rules you are breaking? Guess you will in due time. Man you really make my day with this stuff. Its hilarious. Went ahead and posted this stuff too, so your actions can entertain my fellow ebayers. Plus I already stated that they are fake so if they DO turn out to be...the bidders have already been warned. So now I cant even "get in trouble" as you wanted. HA."

Since I do not believe that he forwarded anything to eBay, I went ahead and reported it for him. I will let eBay answer the question, "Dont you know the rules you are breaking? Guess you will in due time."

Your all mad :razz:

Mad as in angry at ridiculous sellers like this one on eBay? Check.

Mad as in crazy about Atari stuff? Got that too.

He also says "If you have any questions or anything please do NOT hesitate to contact me, thats what I am here for."... questions or ANYTHING. So, I guess that means he's up for unrestrained ridicule?

Im already on it ;)

Awesome.

So about an hour after I sent him a little message, I got one back from him saying "I reported you to ebay. Good day", so I wrote back "I reported you too, thanks :-)".

And this is what I wrote to eBay concerning my supposed "abuse of email" policy:

=======

This seller is posting ILLEGAL REPRODUCTIONS up for auction, originally claiming them to be authentic. His "products" are rare vintage games, and his target audience are classic gaming enthusiasts such as the ones discussing his auctions, and eBay, on this thread at the moment:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/156537-suspect-auction-of-atari-2600-rares/page__st__25

To put into perspective what is going on here, this guy is claiming to have ultra rare Atari 2600 games that normally sell for $100's, although they are reproductions. None of the carts have labels, and he claims "they fell into a bathtub", and that's how the labels got ruined.

Now those who are emailing him through eBay notifying him that they KNOW they are fake, and what he is doing is wrong and ILLEGAL, and clearly ABUSE of EBAY POLICY, are getting reported by him (comicseller09) as sending "threatening" emails.

I got a notice from eBay that I sent a "threatening" email, when what I wrote to him was simply "You aren't fooling anyone".

Due to the negative attention his auctions have caught from his target "consumer", he has added the following remarks to some of his auctions:

So what he is saying, "like I said before, its people like him that make ebay a pain."

People like him who make it a pain to get away with selling illegal reproductions of rare vintage games, and lying by saying they are real so he can get large cash from an unsuspecting buyer?

Its people like comicseller09 that make me want to stop using eBay sometimes.

Thank you for your time,

-Jeramie

============================

So, please, if you wrote him any emails, please be sure to report him to eBay so he can get banned and stop reporting us to eBay when we are doing nothing wrong.

I have the distinct feeling this seller is about to receive some negative feedback...

In the last minutes he mysteriously broke the casing on all three of the sales he made...

At some point he fessed up that they were fakes - So supposedly this was some vain attempt to verify to himself that indeed they were fake???? or were they? maybe he discovered that they are all the real deal and he'll be back... ;)

Edited by nofrills100

I have the distinct feeling this seller is about to receive some negative feedback...

In the last minutes he mysteriously broke the casing on all three of the sales he made...

At some point he fessed up that they were fakes - So supposedly this was some vain attempt to verify to himself that indeed they were fake???? or were they? maybe he discovered that they are all the real deal and he'll be back... ;)

Did he update the item's description for the broken casings? Do you have the ebay link?

I would love to read his explanation of that!

Did he update the item's description for the broken casings? Do you have the ebay link?

I would love to read his explanation of that!

At the bottom of each sale - in the Q&A section, just before the end of the auctions he posts "cart broke when i opened to verify authenticity"

click on seller's other auctions, then on text-only and change the &since=-1 to since=10 and u can see all the auctions ...

That is a cool trick to see previous auctions.

Gotta love this response:

"A: Well actually I dont even KNOW if any of these are legit. I dont care either."

Which is more crazy, people bidding on these auctions or his responses? Honestly one of the wackiest auctions I have ever seen.

At the bottom of each sale - in the Q&A section, just before the end of the auctions he posts "cart broke when i opened to verify authenticity"

unless you've used a hammer to open them, u must really be a dumbass to break atari carts when opening them ..... i've opened dozens of carts and never broke one ...

... and since he broke them and they're obviously open now: what about the authenticity?

Which is more crazy, people bidding on these auctions or his responses? Honestly one of the wackiest auctions I have ever seen.

good question ... with "mr. pics" now asking questions to bathtub billy, the whole thing aquires a whole new quality ... this gotta be one of the milestones of the "dumbass evilbay auction collection"

Just for posterity's sake, I wanted to preserve the description and Q&A from this auction. I think it is important to keep such rare "gems" and also marvel that someone paid over $42 for this cart.

(Note: The description for this game is virtually identical to the other rare carts (Quadrun, Diag cart, etc) that were conveniently missing their label. The seller explained it as '... the carts that nearly got ruined in a "bathtub accident" but survived').

Description

Here is how I came across this cart: I bought it at a yard sale for my nephew assuming it was just atlantis, I noticed right away that the side with the connector was coming apart and asked the lady if it worked. She said yes and that her son was rough with games. It also appeared he had been marking on it with a black marker. I figured oh well if it still works. I took it home and without thinking, glued it together more securely and put a book on it til it dried. (DUMB move) When I popped it in I noticed the scoring numerals were different from my atlantis cart. I looked it up and supposedly atlantis 2 has this feature. The enemy ships also seem to be a lot more agressive. So I assume this is Atlantis 2. I dont know of any other versions of the game. Anyway, there are only two things wrong with it that I can see (the magic marker and the crappy glue job I did) I think you can see all this in the pics but Im not sure. PLEASE be aware that Atlantis 2 is extremely rare and I have no way of knowing if it is the real deal, only that it appears to be. Somebody told me you cant reproduce this game without the board sticking up through the top, but I dont know if this is true. Hope I didnt leave anything out...email me if I did.

Ok now that I actually had some sleep, I can finish the auction. I have been collecting atari games for a long time and now I have sold off all but a few that I thought might actually be worth putting on Ebay. I have more than one of most of my games so I dont really need them anyway. Since I am not going to open it and take the chance of breaking it , I am not going to guarantee that it is authentic. However it appears to be. I had another person recently give me bad feedback without even trying to resolve the problem and after all these years of perfect feeback it doesnt make me too happy. Check my FB to see what I am talking about. Because of this ebayer, I am protecting myself completely from now on in the description by saying: This item is NOT guaranteed to be authentic, you buy at your own risk. By bidding on this item you agree that you are not allowed to leave negative feedback, seek a refund or any sort of reparations if not happy, sold as is. And just to make sure that I dont miss some loophole, nobody is allowed to do anything whatsoever that I dont approve of. The reason I have to protect myself to this degree is the auction I spoke of earlier said sold as is no guarantees and the guy still left a negative feedback for an auction that had 7 dreamcast games for 1 dollar or something like that and he didnt even tell me that they supposedly didnt work and didnt ask for a refund or anything....just left negative feedback. Ebay wouldnt let me do anything about this. Check my FB and you will see other than that one, they are ALL positive. I would have gladly refunded the person all their money but they wanted to be that way so from now on my ebay auctions will be MUCH more protected against that sort of behavior. Apparently he doesnt know what "sold as is, no guarantees" means? If you buy something under that stipulation, you get what you get....its over. You dont come back and try to do anything about it if you are unhappy with it. I mean, am I missing something here? Anyway if you do not agree or understand please do not bid, contact me first and I will try to clarify. If I have anymore problems like that one in the future I will close my ebay account, because its just not worth it. Its because of ebayers like this that I have to do what I am doing, its a shame. I dont know how to do the combined shipping so if you happen to buy more than one, I will refund you what you paid right after it ships (the difference) If you have any questions or anything please do NOT hesitate to contact me, thats what I am here for. Payment due at auction end. thanks!

***Given the rarity and value of this game as compared to the rest I am selling, I wish to say AGAIN that this is NOT guaranteed to be authentic and should only be bid on and/or purchased if you agree to the very strict guidelines I have set within the description. ***

Question & Answer

Q: > have been collecting atari games for a long time and now I have sold off all but a few ...... Are you Sean ? You must know Sean if you have been collecting (maybe you're that Frodo character, Ian's pal ?) > Since I am not going to open it and take the chance of breaking it OH CRAPLOAD IN MY PANTS (that was scary!) I DID take that that chance today with a X Men proto ... dusty as hell on the board and a window appeared and easily verifiable within 5 minutes by appraisers! Jackpot, man !! A proto as follows: I wrote on different auction: > I am "Mr. Pics" as nicknamed by other than myself from Atari Age website. > proto info as follows: board ATARI 1978 board verified as "aged and used" as would be verified by appraisers, EPROM witnessed as originally soldiered on 1978 board with being original board easily again verified, brace is labeled "038 038" with E-B, THIS TIME RESEARCHABLE AS BEING ORIGINAL... Jan-25-10

A: cart broke when i opened to verify authenticity

Q: just wanted to know if the label is the night or the day, because the atlantis II is on the night label,i also have a homebrew version of the atlantis 2. thanks andy Jan-23-10

A: Night. I thought you could see that by enlarging the pics I posted on supersize or whatever. But yes its night

Q: May I send this to every newspaper on the planet ?? I was frickin' SEMI DEFENDING you without taking sides, I could tell every newspaper ON THE PLANET THAT SOME DUDE WAS YELLING AT ME FOR DEFENDING THEM. ..... "Here, I'll try, http://gamemedia.comuf.com/Atari%202600%20In-game%20Snapshots/album/slides/Atlantis.html Now take a snapshot of title screen of yours... AND WHOOOOOPEE! (remember Mr. Peabody cartoons ?) Compare to know difference. MESSAGE TO "EBAY POLICE" of Atari, if this person winds up having a legitimate cartridge, would you and your group of "community" please agree to TOLERATE these people I COULD gain a list of 5 random persons that YOUR COMMUNITY scared them out of the collecting hobby. VOLUNTEER TO L E A V E - ken1970mdolan Jan-22-10

A: I always feel like....somebody's WATCHIN me...and I got no privacy...whoooaa! That song rocks. No dude youre fine I realize you were defending me and all. Sorry bruh!

Q: Seller wrote: > When I popped it in I noticed the scoring > numerals were different from my atlantis cart. To the other side: why bother looking like an eBay scammer of a seller to these people ......... Solve the problem instead of "community" tactics. If you own an Atlantis (1) cart pop it in the Atari, take pictures. Or find public domain pictures of Atlantis 1 on www (put "scans Atlantis screenshots") in your search engine ... Here, I'll try, http://gamemedia.comuf.com/Atari%202600%20In-game%20Snapshots/album/slides/Atlantis.html Now take a snapshot of title screen of yours... AND WHOOOOOPEE! (remember Mr. Peabody cartoons ?) Compare to know difference. MESSAGE TO "EBAY POLICE" of Atari, if this person winds up having a legitimate cartridge, would you and your group of "community" please agree to TOLERATE these people I COULD gain a list of 5 random persons that YOUR COMMUNITY scared them out of the collecting hobby. VOLUNTEER TO L E A V E Jan-21-10

A: Well actually I dont even KNOW if any of these are legit. I dont care either. Especially after all this. I am seriously about to chuck them all in the dumpster and end the listings. This is all too much drama for some atari carts...

Q: This happened with another auction in the year 2000, and the Atlantis II game TURNED OUT TO BE VERY AUTHENTIC. ..... It's a group of collectors who want to "OWN" collecting, keeping their cart values lower so they could pay for more. It's scheme by schemists, it's "perfect" to them: it's fraud by people calling "fraud": they want everybody to fear their "promience". I AM NOT siding (again as over 95% of "silent collectors). BUT THESE PEOPLE WANT COLLECTING ATARI AS A POTENTIAL MARKET OF OVER 1 POTENTIAL COLLECTORS KEEP TO A "COMMUNITY" (PLEASE N O T E H O W THEY use this word "community") solution is for 90% of collectors to BE ABLE TO DO what 90% of collectors: to impose sanctions of some sort on "our 100 person group community" scammers as different from 1 million potential market I would say Digital Press would be worth about $5 million dollars by now since 2000 if they decided to market to 1 million people instead of same "community" of 100 Have Fun (or try!) Jan-21-10

A: Truly you have a dizzying intellect. Unfortunately I cannot decypher it tonight.

Q: > Q: I'm glad you think your father could beat up my father... (OH GAWD!) Are you a gang? It REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY IS a legitimate question to BOTH EBAY sellers and collectors BOTH. Are you Bloods and Crips ? Are you THAT PATHETIC ? If Digital Press and Atari Age and Atari (OH GAWD WHAT ARE YOU PEOPLE D O I N G THERE!) would quit going "OH GAWD WHAT NOW!" and give OVER CONTROL OF A L L OF IT TO A "BABYSITTING CLUB" THAT buys control and power of the collecting hobby to people WHO HAVE ALL DAY to mediate AND B A B Y S I T . If Digital Press is listening, hey man, I know you love collecting and what not, but I really would estimate that over 1000 people have been turned away from Atari collecting because of "continued control and power" by "prominent" including former game designers. GIVE OVER CONTROL, PLEASE, HEY MAN, HEY DIGITAL PRESS, I'D EVEN HELP GET THAT WEBSITE SOLD FOR $1 MILLION + ... there HAS TO BE LEADERSHIP THAT H A S A L L D A Y TO B A B Y S I T ! Jan-21-10

A: Good evening, you have been reported to ebay...

Just for posterity's sake, I wanted to preserve the description and Q&A from this auction. I think it is important to keep such rare "gems" and also marvel that someone paid over $42 for this cart.

(Note: The description for this game is virtually identical to the other rare carts (Quadrun, Diag cart, etc) that were conveniently missing their label. The seller explained it as '... the carts that nearly got ruined in a "bathtub accident" but survived').

Description

Here is how I came across this cart: I bought it at a yard sale for my nephew assuming it was just atlantis, I noticed right away that the side with the connector was coming apart and asked the lady if it worked. She said yes and that her son was rough with games. It also appeared he had been marking on it with a black marker. I figured oh well if it still works. I took it home and without thinking, glued it together more securely and put a book on it til it dried. (DUMB move) When I popped it in I noticed the scoring numerals were different from my atlantis cart. I looked it up and supposedly atlantis 2 has this feature. The enemy ships also seem to be a lot more agressive. So I assume this is Atlantis 2. I dont know of any other versions of the game. Anyway, there are only two things wrong with it that I can see (the magic marker and the crappy glue job I did) I think you can see all this in the pics but Im not sure. PLEASE be aware that Atlantis 2 is extremely rare and I have no way of knowing if it is the real deal, only that it appears to be. Somebody told me you cant reproduce this game without the board sticking up through the top, but I dont know if this is true. Hope I didnt leave anything out...email me if I did.

Ok now that I actually had some sleep, I can finish the auction. I have been collecting atari games for a long time and now I have sold off all but a few that I thought might actually be worth putting on Ebay. I have more than one of most of my games so I dont really need them anyway. Since I am not going to open it and take the chance of breaking it , I am not going to guarantee that it is authentic. However it appears to be. I had another person recently give me bad feedback without even trying to resolve the problem and after all these years of perfect feeback it doesnt make me too happy. Check my FB to see what I am talking about. Because of this ebayer, I am protecting myself completely from now on in the description by saying: This item is NOT guaranteed to be authentic, you buy at your own risk. By bidding on this item you agree that you are not allowed to leave negative feedback, seek a refund or any sort of reparations if not happy, sold as is. And just to make sure that I dont miss some loophole, nobody is allowed to do anything whatsoever that I dont approve of. The reason I have to protect myself to this degree is the auction I spoke of earlier said sold as is no guarantees and the guy still left a negative feedback for an auction that had 7 dreamcast games for 1 dollar or something like that and he didnt even tell me that they supposedly didnt work and didnt ask for a refund or anything....just left negative feedback. Ebay wouldnt let me do anything about this. Check my FB and you will see other than that one, they are ALL positive. I would have gladly refunded the person all their money but they wanted to be that way so from now on my ebay auctions will be MUCH more protected against that sort of behavior. Apparently he doesnt know what "sold as is, no guarantees" means? If you buy something under that stipulation, you get what you get....its over. You dont come back and try to do anything about it if you are unhappy with it. I mean, am I missing something here? Anyway if you do not agree or understand please do not bid, contact me first and I will try to clarify. If I have anymore problems like that one in the future I will close my ebay account, because its just not worth it. Its because of ebayers like this that I have to do what I am doing, its a shame. I dont know how to do the combined shipping so if you happen to buy more than one, I will refund you what you paid right after it ships (the difference) If you have any questions or anything please do NOT hesitate to contact me, thats what I am here for. Payment due at auction end. thanks!

***Given the rarity and value of this game as compared to the rest I am selling, I wish to say AGAIN that this is NOT guaranteed to be authentic and should only be bid on and/or purchased if you agree to the very strict guidelines I have set within the description. ***

Question & Answer

Q: > have been collecting atari games for a long time and now I have sold off all but a few ...... Are you Sean ? You must know Sean if you have been collecting (maybe you're that Frodo character, Ian's pal ?) > Since I am not going to open it and take the chance of breaking it OH CRAPLOAD IN MY PANTS (that was scary!) I DID take that that chance today with a X Men proto ... dusty as hell on the board and a window appeared and easily verifiable within 5 minutes by appraisers! Jackpot, man !! A proto as follows: I wrote on different auction: > I am "Mr. Pics" as nicknamed by other than myself from Atari Age website. > proto info as follows: board ATARI 1978 board verified as "aged and used" as would be verified by appraisers, EPROM witnessed as originally soldiered on 1978 board with being original board easily again verified, brace is labeled "038 038" with E-B, THIS TIME RESEARCHABLE AS BEING ORIGINAL... Jan-25-10

A: cart broke when i opened to verify authenticity

Q: just wanted to know if the label is the night or the day, because the atlantis II is on the night label,i also have a homebrew version of the atlantis 2. thanks andy Jan-23-10

A: Night. I thought you could see that by enlarging the pics I posted on supersize or whatever. But yes its night

Q: May I send this to every newspaper on the planet ?? I was frickin' SEMI DEFENDING you without taking sides, I could tell every newspaper ON THE PLANET THAT SOME DUDE WAS YELLING AT ME FOR DEFENDING THEM. ..... "Here, I'll try, http://gamemedia.comuf.com/Atari%202600%20In-game%20Snapshots/album/slides/Atlantis.html Now take a snapshot of title screen of yours... AND WHOOOOOPEE! (remember Mr. Peabody cartoons ?) Compare to know difference. MESSAGE TO "EBAY POLICE" of Atari, if this person winds up having a legitimate cartridge, would you and your group of "community" please agree to TOLERATE these people I COULD gain a list of 5 random persons that YOUR COMMUNITY scared them out of the collecting hobby. VOLUNTEER TO L E A V E - ken1970mdolan Jan-22-10

A: I always feel like....somebody's WATCHIN me...and I got no privacy...whoooaa! That song rocks. No dude youre fine I realize you were defending me and all. Sorry bruh!

Q: Seller wrote: > When I popped it in I noticed the scoring > numerals were different from my atlantis cart. To the other side: why bother looking like an eBay scammer of a seller to these people ......... Solve the problem instead of "community" tactics. If you own an Atlantis (1) cart pop it in the Atari, take pictures. Or find public domain pictures of Atlantis 1 on www (put "scans Atlantis screenshots") in your search engine ... Here, I'll try, http://gamemedia.comuf.com/Atari%202600%20In-game%20Snapshots/album/slides/Atlantis.html Now take a snapshot of title screen of yours... AND WHOOOOOPEE! (remember Mr. Peabody cartoons ?) Compare to know difference. MESSAGE TO "EBAY POLICE" of Atari, if this person winds up having a legitimate cartridge, would you and your group of "community" please agree to TOLERATE these people I COULD gain a list of 5 random persons that YOUR COMMUNITY scared them out of the collecting hobby. VOLUNTEER TO L E A V E Jan-21-10

A: Well actually I dont even KNOW if any of these are legit. I dont care either. Especially after all this. I am seriously about to chuck them all in the dumpster and end the listings. This is all too much drama for some atari carts...

Q: This happened with another auction in the year 2000, and the Atlantis II game TURNED OUT TO BE VERY AUTHENTIC. ..... It's a group of collectors who want to "OWN" collecting, keeping their cart values lower so they could pay for more. It's scheme by schemists, it's "perfect" to them: it's fraud by people calling "fraud": they want everybody to fear their "promience". I AM NOT siding (again as over 95% of "silent collectors). BUT THESE PEOPLE WANT COLLECTING ATARI AS A POTENTIAL MARKET OF OVER 1 POTENTIAL COLLECTORS KEEP TO A "COMMUNITY" (PLEASE N O T E H O W THEY use this word "community") solution is for 90% of collectors to BE ABLE TO DO what 90% of collectors: to impose sanctions of some sort on "our 100 person group community" scammers as different from 1 million potential market I would say Digital Press would be worth about $5 million dollars by now since 2000 if they decided to market to 1 million people instead of same "community" of 100 Have Fun (or try!) Jan-21-10

A: Truly you have a dizzying intellect. Unfortunately I cannot decypher it tonight.

Q: > Q: I'm glad you think your father could beat up my father... (OH GAWD!) Are you a gang? It REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY IS a legitimate question to BOTH EBAY sellers and collectors BOTH. Are you Bloods and Crips ? Are you THAT PATHETIC ? If Digital Press and Atari Age and Atari (OH GAWD WHAT ARE YOU PEOPLE D O I N G THERE!) would quit going "OH GAWD WHAT NOW!" and give OVER CONTROL OF A L L OF IT TO A "BABYSITTING CLUB" THAT buys control and power of the collecting hobby to people WHO HAVE ALL DAY to mediate AND B A B Y S I T . If Digital Press is listening, hey man, I know you love collecting and what not, but I really would estimate that over 1000 people have been turned away from Atari collecting because of "continued control and power" by "prominent" including former game designers. GIVE OVER CONTROL, PLEASE, HEY MAN, HEY DIGITAL PRESS, I'D EVEN HELP GET THAT WEBSITE SOLD FOR $1 MILLION + ... there HAS TO BE LEADERSHIP THAT H A S A L L D A Y TO B A B Y S I T ! Jan-21-10

A: Good evening, you have been reported to ebay...

:rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

Wow, this is definitely one of the greatest Atari 2600 auctions of all time!