IGNORED

Introducing myself & Nice little craigslist find I have to share..

Stevaside

Whassup Everyone. Just registered yesterday. I started collecting 2600 and 7800 games in the late 90's, stopped for a while & Am now back at it again this time collecting NES games also. I currently have 170 2600 games and I think a little over 30 7800 and 30 NES games.

I saw an ad on craigslist over the weekend "5 7800 games for $10" I'm thinking of course I have all of em. Well they were One On One Basketball which I already have & loved as a kid (I can still remember how groundbreaking it seemed for a basketball game at it's time, especially when the backboard shattered), Dig Dug (already have as well)..Well the other 3 were Midnight Mutants (My #1 most wanted 7800 game!), Xenephobe and Title Match Pro Wrestling but the 2600 version which I also already have but as far as i know is kinda rare...

Well that was a nice little jumpstart to my renewed interest in vintage game collecting..Nothing like that rush of finding rare games for cheap huh?

Steve

Edited by Stevaside

Midnight Mutants is a great find in the "wild". TMPW for 2600 isn't all that rare, but still a nice find all the same!

Welcome to AA. Be sure to find the official thrift finds thread... it'll take you hours to look through all that, and will get you motivated to go out and find more! And be sure to add your own finds to it.

welcome back to Atari land.

Be sure to check out the homebrew games that are available now. Some of these are the absolute best games available for the 7800. Pac-man collection and Beefdrop are particular favorites of mine and you cant go wrong with Asteroids Deluxe,Space Invaders and space Duel. a soon to be released game Failsafe is also well worth looking at

Whassup Everyone. Just registered yesterday. I started collecting 2600 and 7800 games in the late 90's, stopped for a while & Am now back at it again this time collecting NES games also. I currently have 170 2600 games and I think a little over 30 7800 and 30 NES games.

I saw an ad on craigslist over the weekend "5 7800 games for $10" I'm thinking of course I have all of em. Well they were One On One Basketball which I already have & loved as a kid (I can still remember how groundbreaking it seemed for a basketball game at it's time, especially when the backboard shattered), Dig Dug (already have as well)..Well the other 3 were Midnight Mutants (My #1 most wanted 7800 game!), Xenephobe and Title Match Pro Wrestling but the 2600 version which I also already have but as far as i know is kinda rare...

Well that was a nice little jumpstart to my renewed interest in vintage game collecting..Nothing like that rush of finding rare games for cheap huh?

Steve

Way to go!! :thumbsup:

Steve

Way to go!! :thumbsup:

Thanks for the replies. Yeah I've checked those homebrews out before. Beefdrop & Pacman Collection looks great, seem like perfect arcade ports.. I'd love to own Super Pac-Man one day too..always had a thing for that game..they had it at this beachside hotel my family would stay in from time to time in the 80's..It's a damn shame what the 7800 could have been under better circumstances. I never heard of that MIA? prototype until recently. Amazing! Would like to see that availiable in cart form.

I'm not saying Title Match 2600 is really rare or anything, but I'm sure it's not common. If I'm not mistaken it was one of the late titles to be released maybe late 80's? The flying elbow drop from the top rope had me and my brother cracking up tho...

Edited by Stevaside

This site will take hold of you and never let go if you have the collector bug ;) welcome!

7800 brought me here as well, once on the site it only took a few months to complete a full set.

AX

Yeah that's what I love about the 7800-it's a very realistic goal of collecting the full set. I'll get there one day. Things are a little tight right now.. What were the most expensive games U bought to complete it? Was Tank Command the highest priced? Think I seen that on ebay for $130 or something

Edited by Stevaside

A 7800 purchase that I thought was gonna go bad and a 20 ish game haul at a flea market were what brought me here. The 7800 came with about 30 games ranging from R1 to R5, and I found a couple R6 carts in that flea market haul. All this went down in ... gosh I'm getting old or something ... *thinks* 2005. Five years ago almost. I was about six or seven when we got our first Atari, and around ten when the 7800 was released. Dad wanted one but never could find one. The deal above went through OK and it's my first (and only) 7800.

+1 for the homebrews, they are very good and worth every dollar you spend on them. Also some titles to look for are Joust, Centipede, Asteroids, Food Fight and many others for the fun factor. If rarity is your thing keep an eye out for any 7800 game that wasn't made by Atari or for Mean 18 Ultimate Golf which does bear the Atari logo.

This site will take hold of you and never let go if you have the collector bug ;) welcome!

7800 brought me here as well, once on the site it only took a few months to complete a full set.

AX

Yeah that's what I love about the 7800-it's a very realistic goal of collecting the full set. I'll get there one day. Things are a little tight right now.. What were the most expensive games U bought to complete it? Was Tank Command the highest priced? Think I seen that on ebay for $130 or something

Yeah, when I was collecting there was a dry spell with no Tank Command for nearly a year. Another AA member and myself got in a bid war and I won it at $355. Painful. Since then I have seen it for under $100 several times.

AX

AX

Yeah, when I was collecting there was a dry spell with no Tank Command for nearly a year. Another AA member and myself got in a bid war and I won it at $355. Painful. Since then I have seen it for under $100 several times.

AX

Damn man!That's just how it goes don't it? I just saw somebody win a $1000 bid for a boxed 2600 Malagai!!!

Steve