IGNORED

atari2600land's Blog - Pitfall: The Mayan Adventure

RSS Bot

Company: Majesco

Release Date: June 2001 (launch title)

Size: 32 Megabits

NP's rating: 3/5

ESRB's rating: E, mild violence

"Oh, goody! Pitfall!" I thought as I first put this game in the Game Boy Micro's slot. I was highly disappointed. David Crane must be spinning in his grave. What? He's alive? Well, he's not making games any more anyway. The result of bringing Pitfall to the Game Boy Advance is a graphic upgrade, and basically what it is is an Earthworm Jim clone with jungle elements with a literally impossible first level boss. I mean, how are you supposed to attack this lion coming at you with nothing but a whip and automatically get hurt each time you do it? Before the boss, though, there is a bit of "where do I go?" questioning, and one false move can get you behind pretty far. And there is no average health meter, instead a picture of Harry and an alligator, with each painful infliction getting Harry closer to it. You lose a life when the Harry icon gets eaten by the gator icon. A pathetic attempt to be clever. Just give me a stinkin' health meter! This game is extremely difficult, and if you want Pitfall on the GBA, it's much better to just get Activision Anthology.

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?app=blog&blogid=168&showentry=6764