IGNORED

Please use bubblewrap

roland p

That sucks. Did you send that picture to the seller? What did he or she say?

..Al

I just sent the seller a message about the damage. I don't know if the mail-system from ebay supports pictures.

Wait, I just got a message back:

"Sincere apologies for that,usually the cardboard protects from any damage,but obviously not on this occasion,as an apologie if you buy any future item we will send it to you with free postage,apologies again"

Well, that's kind.

..Al

I just sent the seller a message about the damage. I don't know if the mail-system from ebay supports pictures.

"Sincere apologies for that,usually the cardboard protects from any damage,but obviously not on this occasion,as an apologie if you buy any future item we will send it to you with free postage,apologies again"

Well, that's kind.

Ya, kinda not enough. How about the full refund?

..Al

Well, that's kind.

Lately i been marking fragile on some of the packages i ship. I have seen the post office workers (right in front of me) toss my package a few feet into a bin, with little regard to it's safety. Then again they did the same thing once to one i had them mark fragile.

...Then again they did the same thing once to one i had them mark fragile.

I've witnessed that too. Still good to mark things Fragile though cause it makes it that much easier when making that insurance claim. lol

Many moons ago, I worked for UPS. During orientation, they had us all watch a 1 hour video on how to properly, respectfully and carefully handle packages. Minutes after that, the Supervisor gave us a demonstration on how to load packages onto their conveyor belt. Wouldn't you know... he would literally slam EACH and EVERY box down with force onto the belt, as if he was TRYING to cause damage icon_eek.gif

I ended up quitting that day. Not just for that reason, but a single person unloading a jam-packed 53' trailer was expected to do so in an hour. If I want a workout like that, I'll get it at the gym and it won't be 3rd shift either. lol

Lately i been marking fragile on some of the packages i ship. I have seen the post office workers (right in front of me) toss my package a few feet into a bin, with little regard to it's safety. Then again they did the same thing once to one i had them mark fragile.

Fragile... Sadly the person that threw your item thought you were writing Italian.

i know how you feel. i should post pictures of the broken laptop screen.

and trust me

they ARE NOT cheap. especially for a 17 inch laptop...

and now the idiot company is wanting $1600 in repairs because the motherboard died.

regardless,

What i like to do is use bubble wrap or if its like a system, seal the system in something and then use alot of styrofoam Packing S's or whatever you call them lol.

that reminds me.....

i need to order some more 72's....

Had the same problem here recently.

I ordered a system and it does work. That said - I was very upset by the fact that the system was put in a box and wrapped in 4 USPS paper envelopes. No padding, no packing. I mentioned this and I was told that bubble wrap was incorrectly perceived as a "mystical packing material" and it didn't protect at all so having what essentially equaled 8 sheets of the USA Today on it worked just as well and I should be grateful. I was told "if you think about it logically if the system gets dropped it will throw the laser out of alignment no matter how much packing is in it". The final statement sounded like a big middle finger too. "Let the system speak for itself". Yeah it got here and it does work. I think that speaks more to the fact that the USPS didn't abuse my box rather than the uncaring way it was sent.

I actually did think about it logically as well as scientifically... and if the box is dropped the packing material and bubble wrap absorb and spread the shock so that it is less likely to affect the product. Wow! What a thought...

There's nothing mystical about 2 industries based on packing products. I find it deplorable that if it's not a hard case to begin with(like a cartridge) and needs something to protect against shock damage the seller cuts corners to save a buck. Charge us the extra dollar on shipping and buy a roll for God's sake. Hell, I shipped 6 cartridges recently and I still used a bubble mailer. Cost me an extra $0.85 but hey it is worth it.

Edited by ClassicGMR

The auction states:

"... if any item is found to be faulty upon receipt then we offer a full refund upon return."

Mention this to the seller.

Send messages to the seller through eBay.

When the seller refuses to issue a refund, open a dispute. Since you paid with Paypal, the dispute will be opened through Paypal. When describing your situation, stick to the facts.

<mind just went blank>

Sorry man.