IGNORED

eBay is screwing us again - eBay stores gone

djpubba

Switch to Amazon - they tried to pull that 20 day hold crap on my Paypal account, so I cancelled them. Lo and behold, after my account is gone I get an email saying they lifted the 20 hold policy. Classic.

Now I list my stuff on Amazon and accept Google checkout. eBay sucks!

Amazon is worse has one sided rules that screw sellers, hard to be worst than ebay but if there is an example Amazon is it!

Switch to Amazon - they tried to pull that 20 day hold crap on my Paypal account, so I cancelled them. Lo and behold, after my account is gone I get an email saying they lifted the 20 hold policy. Classic.

Amazon is worse has one sided rules that screw sellers, hard to be worst than ebay but if there is an example Amazon is it!

I feel the exact other way. I buy and sell on Amazon and all the time and hardly ever use EBay.

:x

This change will be good for large sellers who have lots of cheap JUNK, and little occasional sellers who have a few special items to sell. This is HORRIBLE for the guys like me who have an average $10 sale on 100 - 200 items a month.

AX

I agree with you Ax. The new structure will really benefit me, as I only occasionally list stuff for sale, and I start almost all of them under a buck and let the market dictate the value. With the new fee schedule, if I have something that I think is particularly valuable, I'll start it where I think an acceptable price should begin because most likely the cost to list and final value charge will be reasonable given the overall selling cost of the item.

maybe, for most people, they dont want an item to sell for $1. so they will set a reserve. Ebay will probably charge $1.50 to set a reserve. Conartists that they are. :x

I feel the exact other way. I buy and sell on Amazon and all the time and hardly ever use EBay.

I have friends to used to sell on Amazon, they are soo one sided in treatment of sellers.. so easy to get kicked off and it's permanent. Due to these incorrect policies I never gave it a try. Why bother. There needs to be another site sort of an "old ebay" or "original ebay". they had it right back then.

Looks like they've already changed the search results. My store items now show up with all the other listings in a search. But has my sales volume gone up as a result? Nope! My volume has actually slowed down! Thanks, eBay!

How can you tell? How many weeks/months ago did this change take affect to be able to tell how its affected your volume?

I'm just talking about in the past few days. I don't know when this change happened exactly, but it was sometime after when I posted this thread, it seems, and since then my sales have dropped noticeably. It's like now all the rare stuff I have is mixed in with everyone else's thousands of pages of crap, instead of being at the bottom by itself in it's own store listing. My stuff doesn't stand out any more.

Edited by djpubba

I'm just talking about in the past few days. I don't know when this change happened exactly, but it was sometime after when I posted this thread, it seems, and since then my sales have dropped noticeably. It's like now all the rare stuff I have is mixed in with everyone else's thousands of pages of crap, instead of being at the bottom by itself in it's own store listing. My stuff doesn't stand out any more.

So you're saying a noticeable difference in roughly 24 hours. I know there's plenty of reasons to despise Ebay, but sounds like you're just jumping for one more reason and not really having a basis for it.

And at the risk of seeming impolite, you have lots of rare stuff but also plenty of crap as well.

No offense taken. One man's garbage is another's treasure and I seem to have plenty of treasure lately judging from sales.

If it's only me then sure, it's just a fluke. It just seems odd that the past 90 days since I've started seriously selling stuff on eBay, sales have been steady and nice (except for Christmas eve and Christmas day), and now all of a sudden it's completely dead.

Anyone else seeing a slump all of a sudden?

Edited by djpubba

For the first time in almost a year I sold around $400 of stuff during Holiday season on Ebay. I just got my december accouning worksheets back and it had a post it added and it said "with listing fees, final value fees, and paypal fees and small loss in shipping I paid almost %40 of the sale of goods to Ebay. Might be better to just sit on it at the store? " I only sold the stuff since I was overstocked on titles a little.

I have said it before, this is why I have been investing so much in my own site www.tradengames.com

I also sold about $1000 worth on eBay over the holidays with similar results. One thing that really ticked me of is that I relisted a couple of unsold items that an email from eBay said would qualify for a insertion fee credit. After the sales and getting my eBay invoice, I looked over my bill and no credit was given anywhere that I could see. It was only like $3 total but I decided to try to get my money and the runaround I got from eBay customer service was ridiculous. Never faced anything like it.

I am selling most of my stuff on GameGavel now, but some items they just sell better on eBay, especially system packages. Everyone on gaming-specific sites has the hardware and common games already.

why does ebay have to mess with a system that practically prints its own money?

I'm just an ebay buyer these days (quit selling about 5 years ago), but I'd certainly hate to think ebay would push everybody so hard they'd leave. I spend about $250/month there, and I like having my one stop shopping. I've had a lot of problems with amazon's item model and not being able to tell the true condition of what I'm buying. Also the heck if I'm going to a 'video game auction site'--that's a recipe for *me* getting boned.

No offense taken. One man's garbage is another's treasure and I seem to have plenty of treasure lately judging from sales.

If it's only me then sure, it's just a fluke. It just seems odd that the past 90 days since I've started seriously selling stuff on eBay, sales have been steady and nice (except for Christmas eve and Christmas day), and now all of a sudden it's completely dead.

Anyone else seeing a slump all of a sudden?

open an ecrater store you can bulk upload ebay listings somehow. Myself I never tried it the bulk lister all my stuff tends to be one off . I know its a bit low on the traffic but free listings helps a lot and great exposure to google and google attributes.

Are you fed up with Ebay. Are your Ebay sales declining while your fees are increasing?

Now is the time for GameGavel.com.

In lieu of yet another Ebay fee increase I just want to remind everyone that GameGavel wants your business and your auction listings. As a reminder we have significantly reduced listing fees and penny re-listings for items that require multiple listings to sell. Our final value fee is 4% vs. Ebay’s new 9% final value fee. Sellers on GameGavel also have the ability to create a free branded GameGavel store/homepage ($15/month or more on Ebay) as well as take advantage of free seller promotional tools to help promote your auctions across the forums and social networks you belong to.

There is no better time to register on GameGavel.com. If you are already a seller, there is no better time to run some listings. Over the past few months we have grown to nearly 20,000 unique visitors and 240,000 monthly page views. And we have a near 50/50 split between first time visitors and returning members so there are always new “eyes” looking for all type of gaming items. More listings will bring in more bidders and buyers.

Let’s all take on Ebay together!

Are you fed up with Ebay. Are your Ebay sales declining while your fees are increasing?

In lieu of yet another Ebay fee increase I just want to remind everyone that GameGavel wants your business and your auction listings. As a reminder we have significantly reduced listing fees and penny re-listings for items that require multiple listings to sell. Our final value fee is 4% vs. Ebay’s new 9% final value fee. Sellers on GameGavel also have the ability to create a free branded GameGavel store/homepage ($15/month or more on Ebay) as well as take advantage of free seller promotional tools to help promote your auctions across the forums and social networks you belong to.

There is no better time to register on GameGavel.com. If you are already a seller, there is no better time to run some listings. Over the past few months we have grown to nearly 20,000 unique visitors and 240,000 monthly page views. And we have a near 50/50 split between first time visitors and returning members so there are always new “eyes” looking for all type of gaming items. More listings will bring in more bidders and buyers.

the only way to take on ebay is you having a place where a person can sell games...and any other items just like ebay.but all in one web address..........not a separate vendazzle site that is virtually dead

I haven't sold anything on ebay in a long time. I have bought some stuff from other sellers. When I sell stuff non-game related which is quite often I have had good luck with craigslist its free and most times I get cold hard cash!!

I just want to extend a thanks to EBAY for raising their prices and forcing me to find an alternative!!! Otherwise I may have never learned about craigslist!!! LOL :D

Maybe it's time to try again. I actually didn't realize there was that much unique traffic now. The last time I did it, only AA members bought anything a year ago.

AX

Maybe it's time to try again. I actually didn't realize there was that much unique traffic now. The last time I did it, only AA members bought anything a year ago.

AX

Those traffic #'s are coming from Google Analytics. Basically we add Google Analytics code to each page and it tracks visitors very accurately. We are fluctuating between 17,000-20,000 uniques for each 30 day period. It updates each morning and shows past 30 days so you can get a very accurate picture of the sites traffic. And also getting considerable new International traffic - visits from over 100 countries. And we are sitting at just over 3700 members now so getting close to my two year goal of 4,000.

Can you believe we've been around for nearly two years? Anniversary on March 24th, 2010. So far it has been pretty successful in my opinion. And certainly better for selling games than a large % of the other auction sites trying to compete with Ebay.

Edited by Parrothead

Good! This should get rid of the thousands and thousands of bullshit over priced listings.

icon_thumbsup.gif

Half the listings are absolute shit. I so wish Ebay would go back to what it was, a simple online auction.

That's a myth. eBay was never an auction site.

Most of the items I sell now are Buy It Now listings. Whenever I put up an 'auction'-style listing I get messages from buyers asking if I have a BIN option, so end up changing the listing anyway. People seem to prefer it that way these days.

Good! This should get rid of the thousands and thousands of bullshit over priced listings.

icon_thumbsup.gif

Half the listings are absolute shit. I so wish Ebay would go back to what it was, a simple online auction.

That's a myth. eBay was never an auction site.

Most of the items I sell now are Buy It Now listings. Whenever I put up an 'auction'-style listing I get messages from buyers asking if I have a BIN option, so end up changing the listing anyway. People seem to prefer it that way these days.

I probably worded that wrong. It was originally meant as an online garage sale. Find someone who'll buy crap you don't want anymore. It wasn't created with the intention for people to make it a full-time job. The minute it started leaning that way it went down the toilet. Resellers, brokers, etc...they were the ones that started the scams like overinflated shipping to pay for the fees, listing common stuff as rare, keyword spamming, counterfeits, etc..

I also wonder what the cost of running your own website, (site design, bandwith, advertising, etc etc etc) is compared to having a "store" on ebay. I guess it's easier (and cheaper) to be pissed at ebay than try it on your own.

• Like 1

I don't understand what is causing people to lose 40% to ebay/Paypal. I also sold a large chunk of my collection on eBay over the holidays, and eBay/Paypal combined only took 18% of my gross sales. I didn't lose a dime to shipping--I charged exact shipping, which was extremely easy to do with Paypal's online postage. I'm not necessarily happy with 18%, but it's a far cry from 40%.

Moreover, it was the best selling experience I've ever had on ebay, with the prices I got for my items making the 18% a negligible loss.

Buying over the past 2 years has been better than ever for me as well.

I'm still not impressed by ebay's feedback and dispute resolution processes, but overall my satisfaction with eBay is at an all-time high.

Bottom Line in my opinion is EBAY SUCKS!

Give me a break with the G$D D%$M you get 15% of my money when I sell BS. They are displaying a F&^king webpage off a server a couple hundred times and in turn they have the balls to think they are entitled to 15%

F%#K Them. I will buy, but I doubt I will ever sell again.