IGNORED

atari2600land's Blog - Nice Mice

RSS Bot

My ChuChu Rocket-inspired game has a new name: Nice Mice. In it, your goal is to guide the mouse to the cheese. The mice always turn right when faced with an ability to turn. If you'd like to try the first level out, check out the link in my signature. If you don't have a Virtual Boy emulator handy, here's a screenshot. I've made the mice into little wind-up mice, that's what the thing sticking out of the mouse is. And I've made the number of blocks you have left to place over there at the top left corner. And, now the mouse doesn't move when you place the blocks. When you're done placing the blocks, you press Start to move the mouse. Select resets the level so you can try again, and, when setting blocks, B undoes your last block placement. Next up what I need to do is (try to) get rid of the goto statements in the code (which I don't know why goto statements in C are so bad. Why not use them if the designer of C put them in there?) and some level designing. I want to have this done by the end of the year, and I think I can easily do that. GoSub for VB took about 8 months to complete.

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?app=blog&blogid=168&showentry=6780