IGNORED

Pac-Mania possible on Atari 7800?!

Pacfan97

I have no idea what the fuck is going on in this thread. Here is what it seems like:

Game 144 on 7800 thread:

"Hey, could game 144 have been made on the 7800?"

"Screw off young person. Your parents are horrible. Imagine, letting you post on a forum about classic videogames! They are clearly unfit."

Maybe I'm missing the sarcasm, or some background, but if I'm not, you're all insane.

So okay, his parents don't monitor his posting because he is posting on frigging Atariage? Really? If they read every post he writes he could quite legitimately be allowed to continue posting here. They might be the most over protective, hyper active, helicopter parents of all time, and still, after reading what he posts and the response to it, consider this an appropriate place to post. It is your reactions that the parents have to watch, and unless any of you swing that way, I'd say this board is pretty safe.

I have no idea what the fuck is going on in this thread. Here is what it seems like:

PM Albert or CPUWIZ and either of them can tell you the story behind it all.

Please don't, I've had just about enough of this kid.

So the adoption papers didn't come in I take it?

• Like 2

Damn! I remember thinking the exact same thing as a kid in the late 80's. I saw Pacmania for the first time (and was amazed) at an arcade and had a 7800 at that time. I thought for sure they would port it and used to DREAM that Paperboy would have a 7800 version too. Unfortunately there wasn't that much at all that was coming out for it back then & a little while later it was on to the NES for me.

Those other games you listed..no reason why they couldn't be done..those titles don't really have advanced graphics. Galaga is on the 7800 which is the sequel to Galaxian which is on the 2600 already so....

Pacmania on the NES:

In all seriousness (after seeing the NES version) I think the 7800 could easily do the game. It would probably best to stick with a 160A full screen four way scrolling background and do pacman and the ghosts in 160B. I'm not interested in doing a 7800 version though. Well... Er... Not unless there is some serious cash in it :rolling:.

Pacmania on the NES:

In all seriousness (after seeing the NES version) I think the 7800 could easily do the game. It would probably best to stick with a 160A full screen four way scrolling background and do pacman and the ghosts in 160B. I'm not interested in doing a 7800 version though. Well... Er... Not unless there is some serious cash in it :rolling:.

I would buy one,(heck two) maybe we can get enough to commit here to make it worth your time (please!)

well I suppose if a person was going to do pacmania on a 7800, My suggestion would be to use carts with the pokey on them. Here is my version of the pacman theater level Music using pokey (the lack of a decent sound chip was alway my main complaint about the 7800). I'm still working on the other songs from this game. I was thinking of starting a project to make Pacmania for the 8-Bit.

well I suppose if a person was going to do pacmania on a 7800, My suggestion would be to use carts with the pokey on them. Here is my version of the pacman theater level Music using pokey (the lack of a decent sound chip was alway my main complaint about the 7800). I'm still working on the other songs from this game. I was thinking of starting a project to make Pacmania for the 8-Bit.

I can't get this to work in ProSystem. icon_surprised.gif

That's REALLY COOL!!!! The Pac-Man's park music is awesome. Is there more Pac-Mania 8-bit music coming soon?

That's REALLY COOL!!!! The Pac-Man's park music is awesome. Is there more Pac-Mania 8-bit music coming soon?

Yes, I will be doing all the other songs from the game for us (Atlantis Games Group) to do an atari 8-bit version.

Aww, come on.. I was a kid once, too, posting on messageboards. Hell, I was selling old people games online when I was 14 (And my Dad was driving me to the post office to deliver them). Not all young'ns are bad.... (Of course, I posted this response without reading page 2, where I see now that the converstation managed to veer back on track :ponder: ).

Edited by Austin