IGNORED

Ahh, genius EBAY sellers strike again

poobah

Received two shipments today....

#1) Ordered three iMac G4 power cables.

Inside the bubble envelope (first class with DC) were TWO power cables.

#2) Ordered Combo Drive for iMac G5 (drive in picture has connector for 17" iMac)

Inside the box? (also first class with DC) Combo drive for iMac G5, with connector for 20" iMac.

Any bets on whether I'll get the other power cable or the correct connector board?

Sigh.

Oddly enough, the power cable people have already responded, apologized and are sending out another one monday.

Haven't heard from the combo drive guy yet, which is sad cause i think it'll cost all of 43 cents to make it right.

combo drive was 13 oz.

(and yes, there's about to be some iMacs in the for sale thread.... :D )

This has happened to me TWICE now. Two auctions, two packages with missing items. The second one was 2 auctions from the same seller for 2 dreamcast games. I got a bubbled envelope, (yes a BUBBLED envelope, which as we all know is great for things like cd's, dvd's, and carts) and only one game was in it. I emailed him assuming he forgot I had won two auctions but no, he simply mailed each game in a seperate envelope. I've never heard of that before. Wouldn't it be easier, and cheaper to put them both in a small box and ship together?

This has happened to me TWICE now. Two auctions, two packages with missing items. The second one was 2 auctions from the same seller for 2 dreamcast games. I got a bubbled envelope, (yes a BUBBLED envelope, which as we all know is great for things like cd's, dvd's, and carts) and only one game was in it. I emailed him assuming he forgot I had won two auctions but no, he simply mailed each game in a seperate envelope. I've never heard of that before. Wouldn't it be easier, and cheaper to put them both in a small box and ship together?

Are you applying logic and reason to ebay??????? :roll:

• Like 1

Are you applying logic and reason to ebay??????? icon_rolleyes.gif

Yea I know, what the hell was I thinking :D

Oddly enough, the power cable people have already responded, apologized and are sending out another one monday.

That's good. :)

Haven't heard from the combo drive guy yet, which is sad cause i think it'll cost all of 43 cents to make it right.

combo drive was 13 oz.

Hopefully they'll respond positively. If not, I assume you haven't left feedback yet.. :ponder:

..Al

combo drive guy says the picture is what he sent, the connector is just lying flat against it in the picture.

Alas, it's physically impossible for the 20" connector to lie flat against the drive like shown in the pic (the mating connect would be in the way). So now he's just lying to me. I hate that.

It was as is no refunds, and fairly cheap, so not worth the agony.

My guess is he bought a Super drive from a 20" for his own machine, not realizing the connectors are different, and swapped them, but took the pic before the swap.

well, 1 for 2 anyway.

Got my second package today from the same seller. Is this a normal thing for someone to ship 2 games in 2 seperate packages? I've never seen that before. It defies logic. Just put them both in one box and be done with it.

Me thinks he didn't realize those games were going to the same buyer, so he packaged them as if they went to different people. This is eBay after all. :D

combo drive guy says the picture is what he sent, the connector is just lying flat against it in the picture.

Alas, it's physically impossible for the 20" connector to lie flat against the drive like shown in the pic (the mating connect would be in the way). So now he's just lying to me. I hate that.

Yeah, I hate when people outright lie as well. I had that happen to me recently with an eBay seller. I asked before the auction if the item pictured was the item I was bidding on. I also asked if the item would be shipped in a box. The seller lied on both counts. The item I received was in significantly worse condition than pictured and described, and it was shipped in a bubble envelope instead of a box. I filed an "Item Significantly Not As Described" claim on PayPal and was able to get my money back, at the cost of return shipping. After three bad incidents of buying DVDs on eBay in the last two months, I'm never buying DVDs on eBay again.

..Al

Well, update on my packages:

1) Cord person. 3rd cord arrived today, well packed. Happy camper, they didnt make much after the cost of shipping another.

2) Drive guy. Washed my hands of him. once they start lying, they have no intention of helping you, or any interesting in resolving the issue. Not worth the stink over $15.

Usually ebay is fine for me..bought an item, asked for tracking after 1 week, was told that tracking was not promised in the auction... hmm if I did that to a buyer I would get a well deserved NEG, so this week, got the PS3 and they shipped it in a box with NO packing at all. I haven't fired it up yet,no visible damage. Guess I'll have to test it this weekend. I really hate to ever leave bad feedback but this one is headed that way :x

Kind of goes hopefully like this

Item works and is in decent shape,refused tracking,bad packaging,slow ship.

It's a seller who does tons of video game stuff.