IGNORED

Atari 7800 - What system versions do I have?

Kasht

Hi guys, I'm new to the Atari Age community. A year ago I bought 2 Atari 7800 from a guy. It was until today that I wanted to figure out what versions of the Atari 7800 I have and, after searching everywhere online for pictures on the different models, I could not find any. Therefore, I need some help from the experts! :D

I'm attaching a few pictures:

post-24453-126497760612_thumb.jpg

They look exactly identical, but I believe the one of the left is version 1. Lets look at the next pic:

post-24453-126497762388_thumb.jpg

The one of the top shows the slot for an expansion port or something. I couldn't find any pictures showing the expansion port, but I believe this is what it looks like in the first models of the 7800. The one on the bottom has no indentation, blemish, or shows anything regarding a possible expansion port there. However, I found another difference between the two systems, which is shown in the next picture:

post-24453-126497764289_thumb.jpg

Notice how the AC Adapter input for the Atari 7800 on top is RED, while the one in the bottom has a WHITE input. I did not find any information about this anywhere, so any input will be greatly appreciated.

Lastly, on the newer version, the back of it has some engraving done, which could have been done by the owner, not sure. Look at the next picture:

post-24453-126497766494_thumb.jpg

I don't think any systems came with these numbers edged on the case, but they are pretty interesting. It looks like a Social Security #, who knows...

Anyhow, with this information, would it be possible to determine what version is which system?

Thanks!

Kasht

P.S. I found that the 2 AC Adapters that I have for my 7800s are different, both in the design and tech specs. I couldn't find any information here, as AtariAge only documents one type of power adapter for the 7800. Here is the pic:

post-24453-126497768438_thumb.jpg

Notice how although both of the power adapters have the same model number, they look different. In fact, if you look closely, the INPUT specs for the one on the left shows 120V 60Hz 16W, while the one on the right shows 120V 60Hz 15W, which matches with the information I have found here and elsewhere. Which AC Apapter goes to which system? :D