IGNORED

616,300 - Night 2: So that only leaves about 609,000

RSS Bot

I once read a website (yes, pretty much the entire site) about Ms. Pacman. Apparently, some elite players call getting below a certain score on the first screen "pulling a retarded." That means any competent player should have above that score if they play the game well at all.

I believe scoring below 6500 or so on the first screen of 7800 Donkey Kong is "pulling a retarded." I should know, I did it a bunch tonight. If I got everything right, I got somewhere around 7000, with my highest first board total being 7400. And then sometimes I missed half the barrels, took too long on ladders, etc. and got some rinky-dink score like 5000. So, I now know where my first 7000 points should come from.

Also, I am not very observant. Tonight, after having been aquainted with Donkey Kong since I was about 6, I only realized for the first time that the broken ladders are the ones at the widest points between girders. They broke when DK broke the girders! I guess not having seen the animations until 2004 or so (I never played the arcade version) can explain why I didn't realize before that point, but this is 2010! How did I not notice that for 6 more years?

I played through the other screens a bit too. I am not a fan of Fox Fires. In fact, if it were possible to kill them with hate, I could leave the paddy whacker alone (if you're following the blog, you know what that is). I did find a glitch in that level on this version of the game. My hammer disappeared right as I was walking across a pin, and the pin stayed in place as if I hadn't crossed it. I can't think of any reason that could be useful. And I mean that even in the context of aiming for a high score in a mediocre version of a 29 year old game. So yeah. Pretty useless.

Highest score ever: 100,500.

Highest score tonight: 28,500 (all but 1000 from Level 1; not to be confused with screen 1).

Highest score this year: 28,500

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?app=blog&blogid=350&showentry=6802