IGNORED

Bounty Bob..

GrandviewCoin

Ok well seeing as I only need BB Strikes Back, how much would one expect to reasonably pay for a cart only of this title?

I Never have had a full release collection, and it would be great to nail away at least one.

There is no reasonable price where that title is concerned thanks to ebay. My only hope to ever have that one is to come across it at a yard sale, thrift shop or flea market.

Ok well seeing as I only need BB Strikes Back, how much would one expect to reasonably pay for a cart only of this title?

I Never have had a full release collection, and it would be great to nail away at least one.

There is no reasonable price where that title is concerned thanks to ebay. My only hope to ever have that one is to come across it at a yard sale, thrift shop or flea market.

I was waiting along time ago for news of maybe a reproduction sanctioned by the author, but I've known now for a while that will never happen..

You will just have to get lucky. You could go to 10,000 flea markets and yard sales and never see it, and you might find it tomorrow (of course the former is more likely).

I don't intend to have a complete collection for anything. There are just those few that are nearly impossible to get, and those generally aren't playable anyway (though BB strikes back is one of those exceptions).

Ten years ago it was common on ebay and went for about $75 (which I thought back then was too much to pay).

It is the only cart for the 5200 I do not own. Back in the day, I bought the Atari 8 bit computer version as it's controller was superior for this game. The box and manual was identical to the 5200 version.

At the prices it's going for now, I have no plan to pay a high price simply to complete the collection.

Edited by rayik

I found one on Ebay In December and I paid about $250 for the cartridge only.... more than I wanted to spend, prior to that, I saw one go for around $350.

Complete, this game will cost you a quite a bit.

here is the item listing...

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2804249731921?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=280424973192&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

You really have to ask yourself if you REALLY want the cartridge for your collection....

I've tried it on an emulator, and while it is by no means a bad game, it isn't worth it to me. With $300, you can buy an Atari 8 bit computer with boat loads of games including BB and other stuff or just get a multicart for the 5200 for much less.

except that you can't get the BBSB on a rom for the multi-cart. Makes it all the more valuable. I have one. Ain't happenin'. I hope I can be proved wrong, as I have a slot open on my multi-cart with open arms. I think the memory exceeeds the capacity or something like that.....I don't know, but I do know that it isn't happening on the multi-cart so back to the value....

The multi-carts I think use 32KB slots, and BBSB is more than that. The AtariMax creator I think split another game up though to fit in multiple slots (Mule). It's probably possible, but if you're simply looking to play it, there are many other ways to do so without spending $300 on a 5200 game. A repro would probably sell very well, but not being technical I don't know the feasibility. Bill Hogue might try to stop it though.

The multi-carts I think use 32KB slots, and BBSB is more than that. The AtariMax creator I think split another game up though to fit in multiple slots (Mule). It's probably possible, but if you're simply looking to play it, there are many other ways to do so without spending $300 on a 5200 game. A repro would probably sell very well, but not being technical I don't know the feasibility. Bill Hogue might try to stop it though.

Well I have no intention of going against a programmers wishes for a repro.

And as for the 8Bit, I have heaps of that stuff from back in the day. The A8 cart isn't cheap either!

And as for the 8Bit, I have heaps of that stuff from back in the day. The A8 cart isn't cheap either!

It looks like that Bounty Bob Strikes Back is expensive mainly on 8-bit Atari platforms. Perhaps, it sucks on other platforms.

• 4 weeks later...

It looks like that Bounty Bob Strikes Back is expensive mainly on 8-bit Atari platforms. Perhaps, it sucks on other platforms.

No it does not. Its just Atari biased people tend to think everything sucks but Atari. All other ports are just as good.

I was waiting along time ago for news of maybe a reproduction sanctioned by the author, but I've known now for a while that will never happen..

you're right. That will probably never happen. Bill Hogue has been approached by 3 different people that I'm aware of and he has Turned them all down (and in a very Rude Manner That included some choice 4 letter words at that.)

So, I don't think you will be seeing it any time soon.

No it does not. Its just Atari biased people tend to think everything sucks but Atari. All other ports are just as good.

At least load time and colors should be better on A8. So far I only see Tape versions on Ebay for other platforms. What does this box contain for (BBC Model B)-- cart or tape or disk:

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3602408170321?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=360240817032&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

At least load time and colors should be better on A8. So far I only see Tape versions on Ebay for other platforms. What does this box contain for (BBC Model B)-- cart or tape or disk:

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3602408170321?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=360240817032&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

It's tape,being a UK based computer.

But true, early Atari computer ports were always far better than the conversions to other platforms, there's nothing to be biased about, it is just plain old fact.

Best Electronics were selling 5200 BBSB repro carts during the 90s, anyone can shed any light on this? And was it official?

Edited by high voltage

you're right. That will probably never happen. Bill Hogue has been approached by 3 different people that I'm aware of and he has Turned them all down (and in a very Rude Manner That included some choice 4 letter words at that.)

That sort of attitude and reaction would cause me to make as many of them as I could and distribute them everywhere.

Edited by darthkur

That sort of attitude and reaction would cause me to make as many of them as I could and distribute them everywhere.

Well, I suppose Someone could do that, but all it would do is cause a bunch of crap slinging between bill and whoever else. I have already made a cart of it and a Nice Label for it. but Bill will not let anyone else produce it so I figure my chances of convincing him would be Slim to none.

About 2 or 3 years ago, there was an auction on ebay for a repo...the guy had about 10 or 20 of them going for $75 each...I bought one before it was taken down...works great...I also have the orginal, with large box and cart purchased from Atari 2600.com and this one as a back-up...awesome game.

Well, I suppose Someone could do that, but all it would do is cause a bunch of crap slinging between bill and whoever else. I have already made a cart of it and a Nice Label for it. but Bill will not let anyone else produce it so I figure my chances of convincing him would be Slim to none.

• 4 weeks later...

How much does it cost to produce a run of some custom cartridge for A5200 not including label?

I guess it varies by quantity so figure for 50 or 100 or whatever you may have done.

How much does it cost to produce a run of some custom cartridge for A5200 not including label?

I guess it varies by quantity so figure for 50 or 100 or whatever you may have done.

I have no idea myself, but this game was on a 40K cart, not the traditional 16 or 32K, of which repro makers like atari max probably have many of. Plus the cartridge is not the Atari standard that the same folks use. Don't think the label is a big deal. I'd guess several thousand dollars start-up? The problem is you might not be able to sell them the way Atari Max has, or various sales on this forum. Hogue might get wind of it and sue, whereas most other games were produced by corporations which no longer exist or simply don't care about repros.

Edited by Greg2600

I have no idea myself, but this game was on a 40K cart, not the traditional 16 or 32K, of which repro makers like atari max probably have many of. Plus the cartridge is not the Atari standard that the same folks use. Don't think the label is a big deal. I'd guess several thousand dollars start-up? The problem is you might not be able to sell them the way Atari Max has, or various sales on this forum. Hogue might get wind of it and sue, whereas most other games were produced by corporations which no longer exist or simply don't care about repros.

I was thinking of my own cartridge not someone else's. How much does it cost to produce a run of a 32K A5200 cartridge say 50,100, or whatever someone has done recently? And if banking to increase the cart size doesn't have a severe effect on price, what price would a bigger cart go for?

About 2 or 3 years ago, there was an auction on ebay for a repo...the guy had about 10 or 20 of them going for $75 each...I bought one before it was taken down...works great...I also have the orginal, with large box and cart purchased from Atari 2600.com and this one as a back-up...awesome game.

I was another one who bought one of those. The label sucks (have to make another one) but the cart works fine.

Allan

I can't get the rom file for BB available on this site to work. I use MESS as the emulator. Most other roms seem to work fine. I also can't seem to get Centipede for 5200 to work. Does it need a different adapter or something? The 2600 and the 7800 versions work just fine with the keyboard but the 5200 version just waits to start. Like I said, other 5200 games start up just fine with MESS.

Thanks for any help.