IGNORED

Bounty Bob..

GrandviewCoin

Hogue might get wind of it and sue, whereas most other games were produced by corporations which no longer exist or simply don't care about repros.

Would he really do that? The lawyer fees over a 100 copies, let alone the time and energy.

Now I can respect the creator's wishes, its fair enough since the ROM is around but does anyone know the reason for his harsh reactions? Bad memories of a failed business venture? A wish to preserve the value and integrity of the original product? Grumpy old man syndrome?

Hogue might get wind of it and sue, whereas most other games were produced by corporations which no longer exist or simply don't care about repros.

Would he really do that? The lawyer fees over a 100 copies, let alone the time and energy.

Now I can respect the creator's wishes, its fair enough since the ROM is around but does anyone know the reason for his harsh reactions? Bad memories of a failed business venture? A wish to preserve the value and integrity of the original product? Grumpy old man syndrome?

Bill is just a harsh person to begin with. Although he seems to get especially Pissy when a person mentions "Atari".

Does anyone know where I can find directions on how to make my own eprom cart for this game. I've searched google to no avail. Any help would be most appreciatedicon_smile.gif

Maybe because its copyright is still being enforced so no one has put up public instructions on how to recreate it.

I thought that may be the caseicon_sad.gif . I was really hoping I just didn't look in the right place. $200+ is just to much to spend on this game in my opinion...

Well, if you go back in the AA archives to 2005, Hogue was planning on releasing a 5200 cart that had both Miner and BBSB on it. He kept saying he wanted to do something very professional. Over the next couple years, nothing happened. He wound up saying that the 5200 concept wouldn't be profitable, like releasing the games on Windows Mobile was? In any case, posters like classics and CPUWIZ seemed to indicate Bill was very friendly. Steve (classics) again offered to do the cart and pay Hogue royalties, but he declined. So 5 years ago, Hogue seemed affable, but nowadays maybe he's annoyed by people asking him about reproducing the games?

As for recreating, I think you have to do it with bank switching, right?

Edited by Greg2600

As for recreating, I think you have to do it with bank switching, right?

From everything I've read BBSB has very strange bankswitching and the original cart has 3 chips on it..... I would like to know if it could be done with just 2.... 1- 32k eprom and 1- 8k epromicon_question.gif and a custom pcb.

From everything I've read BBSB has very strange bankswitching and the original cart has 3 chips on it..... I would like to know if it could be done with just 2.... 1- 32k eprom and 1- 8k epromicon_question.gif and a custom pcb.

I would think it could be done with a 27512 (64K eprom), and some form of PLD. Don't know if it would fit into something like a 22v10 GAL or if we need something more complicated.

Well, if you go back in the AA archives to 2005, Hogue was planning on releasing a 5200 cart that had both Miner and BBSB on it. He kept saying he wanted to do something very professional. Over the next couple years, nothing happened. He wound up saying that the 5200 concept wouldn't be profitable, like releasing the games on Windows Mobile was? In any case, posters like classics and CPUWIZ seemed to indicate Bill was very friendly. Steve (classics) again offered to do the cart and pay Hogue royalties, but he declined. So 5 years ago, Hogue seemed affable, but nowadays maybe he's annoyed by people asking him about reproducing the games?

Thanks for updating me. I do vaguely recall something about a dual cart.

I wonder what his financial hopes were? I'd have assumed that any idea of a 5200 cartridge would've been more of a labour of love and could have been used as a promotional tie in for something modern like a Windows Mobile release. Still I imagine something like a author approved and autographed release could have sold at a higher premium and netted a few grand in profit.