IGNORED

616,300 - Night 4: Snow Day!

RSS Bot

So I had a snow day from work today. Did I use it to improve my Donkey Kong. No, I used it to advance myself in the Leaderboards for Matt Hazard: Blood Bath and Beyond on Xbox Live (I didn't advance much either). There is my gaming ADD. The blog saved me though, as I figured I had to write something here. The reader demands it. Yes, that is reader singular, but still.

Anyway, I really appriciated the advantage the 7800 version has over the NES one tonight. As I could select starting Level 1 to 3, it let's me skip a bunch of stuff when I just want to hurry up and get into one of the higher levels. I've always wondered how Nintendo let Atari put out 3 Mario games on a competing system in 1988. This is the one area where Atari took advantage of that to out do the NES version. However, I have to wonder why Atari didn't destroy the NES version when it had the chance. They could have added the between board animations and the cement factory board to the 7800, and had a version to out do pretty much all console versions ever, even Nintendo with their own game. Imagine if Sony were given 3 Mario games for the PS3. Does anyone doubt they'd put their best foot forward?

I downloaded a "How to Win at Donkey Kong" book from 1982. I'm going to give it a read tomorrow and see if anything is transferable. I really hope the Springboard timing is at least similar, because the Level 4 springboards are absolutely murdering me. That springboard jump sound might as well be the Jaws music for me. Also: Jaws was a totally wicked movie. Well it was.

Best score ever: 100,500

Best score this year:80,300

Best score tonight: 76,300

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?app=blog&blogid=350&showentry=6809