IGNORED

Ms Pac-Man Cover

jsmith73

I've been trying to make my collection a bit more presentable.

I found The Cover Project's website, and that led me to attempt making my own covers. :idea:

Here is one of the first..

http://www.atariage.com/forums/gallery/1262528839/gallery_22461_473_666744.jpg

Let me know what ya'll think. I'm open to suggestions to improve the final version.

Thanks!!

BTW I used Paint.NET.

I found The Cover Project's website, and that led me to attempt making my own covers. icon_idea.gif

http://www.atariage...._473_666744.jpg

Let me know what ya'll think. I'm open to suggestions to improve the final version.

Thanks!!

BTW I used Paint.NET.

Looks Great!icon_thumbsup.gif

Did these cart ship yet?icon_ponder.gif

Im still waiting for one.icon_sad.gif

I found The Cover Project's website, and that led me to attempt making my own covers. icon_idea.gif

http://www.atariage...._473_666744.jpg

Thanks!!

BTW I used Paint.NET.

As a cover designer myself , I can tell you one thing I see that is often the mistake of many who attempt to do their own covers , albeit video games or dvd. The area of interest would be your spine and the improper scaling of the MsPac logo.

If you're looking for the cover to be as professional and retail-like as possible , this is one section you'll need to think about. Commercial releases would never squish or scale the logo improperly , simply to fill in the spine. In Photoshop , if you hold the shift key while dragging a corner , the image will scale proportionally , so I would see if Paint offers the same option. This way , your logo will maintain the same appearance as the front , only scaled smaller.

I'm only offering a bit of friendly advice though as you're welcome to design your covers as you please. Is it safe to assume your final piece will be no less than 300dpi , and that the 96dpi example was only used to decrease the filesize prior to posting?

EDIT: Added cover example.

Just posting a 3d example of your cover so you can see the area I'm referring to.

5wy1s4.jpg

Edited by ProperRogue