IGNORED

616,300 - Night 5: Sounds worse than it is.

RSS Bot

So I was sneaking in some play today while the baby took a nap. When the baby goes to sleep for the night, you can (and we have) do construction in the basement right under his room. However, when he naps, make too much noise and you've got a grumpy baby to answer to. So, I decided to play with the sound off. I've read a bunch of reviews on this game that say that's a good idea anyway, as the 2600 quality noise can be grating... if you're an NES tool.

Well, bad sound in this one is still better than no sound. Amazing how much difference even the few sounds in old arcade games can make. Whether it's knowing when Mario tops a ladder, hearing the time up music, or judging the length of time left for the hammer, it's almost impossible to play well with no sound. Meanwhile, without sound in GTA, all you'd be missing is profanity filled rap music and horrible Z movie dialogue. Also, hooker moans (of pleasure or pain, take your pick). I turned it back up, and the baby slept just fine.

I kept practicing springboards 3 and 4 today, and improved my ability on the rivit screens (notice I didn't say on the springboards). The way I see it, if I can beat the springboards up to four, I can prbably beat all of them.

I'm hitting the wall on my ability to practice on this one without killing myself, so this week I'm going to just play the game a bunch of times without over analyzing it. Also, the Superbowl is tomorrow and there are a bunch of good hockey games this week, and that means I don't have a ton of time to sit pressing pause while tracing out screen patterns. I guess it's kind of sad that I ever have time for that. :) Anyway, I have to go watch my Sens embarrass the Leafs (although it's hard to believe you can still do that afer the last 5 years of Leaf's "hockey").

Best score ever: 100,500

Best score this year: 80,300

Best score of the day: 30,700

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?app=blog&blogid=350&showentry=6814