IGNORED

atari2600land's Blog - Music angst

RSS Bot

So, my two favorite musical artists are up to...nothing. Beck has apparently taken a very long holiday, his last album, Modern Guilt, was released 2 years ago, and nothing on his site indicates any news of another one. Meanwhile, Trent Reznor isn't doing anything either. His last album, Ghosts I-IV, was also released 2 years ago. That means I've had to bide my time trying to like other artists. I have succeeded in liking Dream Theater, who just put out Black Clouds and Silver Linings a year ago last year. But I want new music from these people whose music I've grown to love. Don't get me wrong, I still love '70s prog-rock bands like Yes, Jethro Tull, Rush, etc., but I'm getting tired of hearing the same things over and over again. You know what would be really interesting? A Beck-Trent collaboration. The two are obviously geniuses, and if you were to put them together, you'd probably get something geniuser. The people at the nin forums are speculating that the picture put up on the front page means Trent is back in the studio. I need more proof than one picture. I need Trent himself posting "I'm back in the studio." Let's hope he's too busy recording to actually do that.

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?app=blog&blogid=168&showentry=6826