IGNORED

Asterix Auction - Word of Warning

atari_envy

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1403813436871?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=140381343687&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Those of you interested in an Asterix cart (like I am), unless you want a PAL version, skip this auction.

I noticed the scratch in the upper right corner of the label which I remembered from a previous auction. I decided not to bid unless the seller confirmed it is NTSC. He just confirmed it is PAL.

So there are PAL Asterix carts that are not marked "P" on the end label?

YES!

Hmmm, I wonder why.

I'm not sure, but I have definately had one pass through my hands years ago which i bought from PAL land HOPING it would turn out to be the NTSC version :twisted: but it wasn't :sad:

Just do what I did and buy Mexican.

I eventually did ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone had any other troubles with this ebayer - cell1064?

Does anyone know (from experience buying from this seller) if his NTSC big names are genuine?

:x

to answer my own question

no! his ntsc items are not to be trusted.

Sold me a NTSC Mangia - which was PAL and now he is trying his best not to let me get a refund from him

:!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

Anyone had any other troubles with this ebayer - cell1064?

Does anyone know (from experience buying from this seller) if his NTSC big names are genuine?

:x

to answer my own question

no! his ntsc items are not to be trusted.

Sold me a NTSC Mangia - which was PAL and now he is trying his best not to let me get a refund from him

:!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

Ouch. Man, I am sorry. I did cancel several of my bids with him, but I had already won a couple items which weren't super rare, but at least were NTSC. You are right, can't be trusted.