IGNORED

Can someone make a wireless controller for the 5200 4 port

8bitbasslines

Wireless 5200 controller would you use one?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. If there was a wireless 5200 controller would you use it?

• Yes absolutely why is there not one now!
    • Maybe it might be cool
    • No your stupid and old I

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

I just put my second 5200 to work in my studio annex.This is basically my old bedroom where my recording studio used to be and now I have turned this room into a video transfer video production room and a art studio.I plan to get a monitor to go in this rack and I would like to have one of those monitors that you can hook up 3 vcrs to and have the 4 screen split like on a security TV anyone know about those monitors?

The 4th slot I want to put the 5200 through and what would look really great would be a wireless controller due to the fact that I have the 5200 on the top of the rack

I plan to have a multicart here and just keep my main 5200 and collection in the real studio.Just incase I am drawing or making a video here and really need to play 5200 :)

Anyone ever make a wireless controller? Will someone please make one

post-3111-126600813266_thumb.jpg

Well this isn't the best solution but you could get a couple of extention cables. The ones for the old-style PC controllers work.

Allan

extension cables are still a cable

but I have never seen those can you post a pic?

With all our technological advancements we have to be able to make a wireless controller for the 5200

even if only 10 people will use them

Well this isn't the best solution but you could get a couple of extention cables. The ones for the old-style PC controllers work.

Allan

With all our technological advancements we have to be able to make a wireless controller for the 5200

would infrared be ok?

you need to buy a wireless pc gamepad (not usb)and use the pc to 5200 adapter

like if one were so inclined they would buy this

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3601997206871?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=360199720687&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

and make an 5200 adapter or find someone selling one

too bad i didn't jump on these but i have a few gampads already

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2705186367541?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=270518636754&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

although my experiences with wireless controllers (2600 rf) and a nes infra red) they just aren't that great

Allan

I have a infared ps2 controller set

and a few broken 5200 controllers

Now how do I put it together to make the illest 5200 wireless controller?

Someone has got to run with this idea

its our duty and 5200 lovers

would infrared be ok?

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3601997206871?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=360199720687&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2705186367541?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=270518636754&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

although my experiences with wireless controllers (2600 rf) and a nes infra red) they just aren't that great

Allan

would infrared be ok?

The gameport is limited to 4 buttons and 4 axes as it's an 8-bit port (located at 201h usually). These links above point to 6+ button gamepads so it seems like they are using some other means of transmission (like CLK/DATA) rather than the standard gameport method.

Allan

would infrared be ok?

The gameport is limited to 4 buttons and 4 axes as it's an 8-bit port (located at 201h usually). These links above point to 6+ button gamepads so it seems like they are using some other means of transmission (like CLK/DATA) rather than the standard gameport method.

no those 2 pads i listed work fine they are just like the gravis gamepad or the pirana pad i often use they say that have lots of buttons but in reality they have 4 buttons and then 4 autofire buttons of the same buttons

sometimes they have 6 independant buttons but the 5 and 6 buttons are just the shorting of the x and y axies of the joy 2

the ones you have to beware of are the driver based 15 pin gamepads but they are fairly easy to spot as they often come with a usb adapter or just look too wacky like a mega boomerang i dont know i just have a feel for which ones are "normal" but still i dont think this would help the op much since it wouldnt have the keypad or s,p,r buttons

i'm sure he doesnt want to have to get up and walk to the unit every time he wants to press reset i'm trying to figure out an "easy" way to transmit game controls but every time i get an idea it gets more complicated

like wiring the keypad and start buttons through a tv/vcr type remote control system and have the old control system in the vcr output the signals to little relays to make everything good and isolated

and use a infra red controller just to make it easy but to actually do an analog stick i guess i would have to end up using a 6 channel rc72mhz_6_channel_Digital_Radio.jpg

putting mom switches in place of the toggles for buttons then at the base use the servos to move the pot arms

good thing about a 6 channel it will give you 2 buttons and 4 axes so you could wire in the second stick to be joy 2 for spiffy space dungeon/robotron action

Edited by bohoki

Damn really

why is this so complex

isn't there someway to get the actual 5200 controller to be infared?

it has the start and pause button on it

Sorry I am infamous for coming up with ideas that are to complex for me to execute myself

but thats what you geniuses are for

My question is has anyone attempted this for the 5200 in the past?

Damn really

why is this so complex

isn't there someway to get the actual 5200 controller to be infared?

it has the start and pause button on it

Sorry I am infamous for coming up with ideas that are to complex for me to execute myself

but thats what you geniuses are for

My question is has anyone attempted this for the 5200 in the past?

well for one a 5200 stick doesnt really have much room for batteries and analog movements really suck up some juice sure you could fit a lion phone pack under the keypad and add a charging port somewhere but that doesnt leave much room for an infra red encoder and circuitry and i dont really know of many digital porportinal infra red systems for one the minute you turn on the stick it will be transmiting the stick position till you turn it off so we will need to add a power switch

then to interface a base station to the 5200 that is isolated from the 5200 button matrix and its own controller circutry yet probably powered by pin 12

the real buggaboo is the analog control system cause with the 2600 if the stick is just sitting there it is the same as being off but a 5200 stick sitting there is telling the system its current x and y cords

For over at least a decade I've considered a generic wireless controller adapter of sorts.

My thought is that there is a pair of black boxes - one transmitter and one receiver - that connect to the controller and the console.

At the connection port of each end there are exposed contact points or contact traces. (Obviously if this was ever a 'real' product various connector adapters would be used.) Each contact would be connected to one of the contacts at the controller port/plug.

So, for example, you'd connect Pin 1 of the controller port to Wire 1 on the receiver, and Pin 1 from the controller plug to Wire 1 on the transmitter, etc...

The wireless components would have no intelligence; they would just create a wireless bridge between the controller plug and the controller port on the console.

Provided there are enough contacts, this would work for any controller you want - the NES had what, 4 contacts? The 5200 has no more than 15, and if memory serves it doesn't use all 15. (I'm too lazy to look that up right now.) I don't think any controller has ever used more than 15 pins. If you wanted to use the wireless adapter with a different controller you'd just connect the transmitter and receiver to different controller plugs and ports. I envision building various adapters/plugs with manufactured disconnects for easy switching, without needing to solder or twist wires together at every change.

I can follow instructions and very simple schematics and do simple repairs, but am otherwise ignorant regarding electronics. I'm sure there is something obvious I'm oblivious to, but I've never understood why my idea can't be done. I assume it can't be as easy as it seems to me or else somebody would have already done it and made the info available online.

Basically I'm suggesting the wireless do nothing but relay signals from the contact on the controller plug to the contact on the console port. Why wouldn't that work?